Buddy 125 drivetrain in Honda Metropolitan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

buzzvert

Buddy 125 drivetrain in Honda Metropolitan

Post by buzzvert »

Besides the obvious question of WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING, the simple fact is that I have a beautiful 2003 Met here that the VERY LAST JOB I was going to do to it was a coolant flush and fill. Alas, there is more oil in the radiator than coolant. Head gasket. And on a Met, that's a terrible job.

But.

I also have a perfectly good Buddy 125 drivetrain here.

So I'm thinking of making a 60mph Honda Metropolitan. It LOOKS like I could maybe possibly get the swingarms to line up. And if I get that, I'm good.

Anyone else done something as silly as this? Buddypolitan MetroBuddy?
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

My old black Buddy 125 has almost 50,000 miles. I also had a low miles 150cc Buddy motor that I was gonna recycle but the guy with my old black Buddy ended up with it. Now I also gave him a running Honda Silverwing. I told him to put the Silverwing motor into the Buddy! But if I was him I'd get the 150cc motor running (was sitting) and swap it into the Buddy 125. But your Metro with a Buddy 125 motor sounds kinda cool!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Riding a Buddy at 60 mph is enough to cause the rider to give some thought to the stability of 10" wheels. Riding a Metropolitan at 60 mph should be enough to induce stark terror.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Dooglas wrote:Riding a Buddy at 60 mph is enough to cause the rider to give some thought to the stability of 10" wheels. Riding a Metropolitan at 60 mph should be enough to induce stark terror.
That's for sure. The suspension on a Met is...interesting...
And as for the brakes....
YMMV.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.