Roughhouse 50 72cc BBK "Roughhouse 72" oil pump upgrade

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mikesbuddy88

Roughhouse 50 72cc BBK "Roughhouse 72" oil pump upgrade

Post by Mikesbuddy88 »

I have a 2022 Roughhouse 50 with a 73cc BBK "Roughhouse 72" and after doing that upgrade I see that you know everybody else just mixes in some oil and it's simple it's easy. Is there a way to upgrade the existing oil pump to where you can get it to work with it or an upgrade pump? Can't you install the cable operated pump? Or can't you change the gear on the end of the pump to a different tooth gear so it spins at a different speed and pumps more or less kind of like a speedometer gear before computers were able to tune cars? I'm just curious I'm okay with mixing my own gas but I just think it's possible to do besides I'm not racing the thing anyway it's just the whole bike kind of wasn't planned you know the place I bought it from went in half-ass upgraded it to where I would have had to buy all the stock parts including the exhaust and it was easier just to finish what they started. I know this sounds very stupid but I just need to know if it's possible.
zino

Re: Roughhouse 50 72cc BBK "Roughhouse 72" oil pump upgrade

Post by zino »

i run a roughouse with a malossi sport 70cc with stock oil pump as is it is rpm driven
I have done this for 4000 miles plus
I run wide open in the country so my average speed is closer to 50 then 25 mph rpms run above 9k at peak speed

I ran Yamaha zuma and vinos with stock pumps also for tens of thousands of miles .

These are all for builds that run under 11k rpms
If I was running something that lived above 11k rpms I might premix