Malossi Wild Lion Exhaust for Roughhouse does not fit

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

catman

Malossi Wild Lion Exhaust for Roughhouse does not fit

Post by catman »

I purchased a 70cc BBK for my Roughhouse which includes a Malossi Wild Lion Exhaust. It is supposed to work with stock 50cc or mild 70cc BBK. I decided to install on my stock motor, re-jet and run it this way for awhile. The bracket is welded on and has all holes as stock but the mounting holes do not line up. The spacing is off. The holes in the exhaust bracket are too far forward and the bracket is hitting the plastic shroud on the motor. I am being told that this pipe fits both the Buddy and the Roughhouse. It may fit the Buddy but it does not fit the Roughhouse, not even close.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Can you post a picture of the mismatch?
catman

Malossi exhaust mounting holes not lining up

Post by catman »

The holes in the exhaust bracket are well forward of the mounting holes on the Roughhouse. This is with the header flange attached to the cylinder studs but not tightened down. the bracket on the exhaust is contacting the plastic fan shroud.
Attachments
pic2.jpg
pic2.jpg (48.51 KiB) Viewed 6015 times
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

If the header tube isn't obviously bent, then somehow that exhaust has an improperly spaced mounting bracket. I can't remember whether the spacing is different for buddy vs roughhouse, but I would definitely contact the seller and issue a polite "um...what gives?"
catman

Post by catman »

Seller assures me that the Buddy and Roughhouse use same exhaust. My roughhouse is a 2020 model. I ordered a Polini exhaust from them and it has the same problem so I sent it back.

Could the 2020 models be different?