Mystery Wire

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dmshar5

Mystery Wire

Post by dmshar5 »

My 2017 Roughhouse Sport has a wire in the wiring harness that I can’t figure out. I know the positive and negative wires, but There is a thinner single wire with green insulation and a black stripe on it. The wire was not attached to anything and there was nothing attached to the end, just bare copper wire. I checked the wiring diagram, but could not identify the wire. Does anyone know what this wire is and what if anything it is supposed to be attached to.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

It's an appendix.

That's the leftover wire for the sidestand kill switch, which Roughhouses in the US don't have. Tape it off, tuck it out of the way, and grab an iced tea.
The J-Man

Post by The J-Man »

Not to revive a dead thread, but I had the same question: mystery green wire with black stripe tracer on 2018 Roughhouse 50. Exposed copper wire on the end. Normally a dangling exposed wire would be really bad and a guarantee of a short circuit or some key feature not working like it should. No such wire in the PGO/Roughhouse wiring diagram either! What's with that?! I'd have gone crazy trying to trace the wire or figure out what knocked it loose. Was it when I installed the battery tender? And why didn't the dealer catch it last week at my annual service? Etc. ...

This website probably just saved me from the loony bin. I owe you one!

--The J-Man