Rear Rack/Possible storage solutions

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

riverdank

Post by riverdank »

Hey I just purchased a 2019 RH 50 and love it. I previously had a 2018 Wolf Blaze that i upgraded to all perfornance BBK, variator, clutch, carb,etc. Ive kept the wolf for a back up but the new RH is gonna be my daily driver. Stock from the dealership this Roughhouse performs better than the Wolf and the ride comfort is night and day. I wont be doing any upgrades on anything motor wise + I want the warranty to stay in check. The only thing that is lacking with the RH is storage. The under seat is smaller and im figuring out to mount a topcase i need to order and install a Prima rear rack. If i install the rack can i pretty much use any topcase or is there a limitation so i can access the fuel cap? I own a small plumbing company and use my scooter for service calls so extra storage is needed besides a backpack, lol. Am i limited to a kmax, or prima topcase on the aftermarket rear rack? Anybody done anything different storage wise with theirs? Mine is the Titanium Sport edition.
riverdank

Post by riverdank »

I found Agrogod''s post on here about it and decided to try the Emgo top rack. He used 1/2" one hole conduit steel straps. It didn't look like he ordered the aftermarket rack so I decided to try it without it first and I got it installed and it works flawlessly. The mounting plate for the Emgo is super tough and large. After I bolted it down to the rack I could actually pick the whole rear off the ground by pulling up on the mounting plate only. Agrogods post was a good many years back and I was worried that the stock rack might have changed but I believe it's still pretty much the same. So if anyone was wondering about having to buy the prima rack, you "do not" have to for the Emgo. The box itself is very nice and while it only comes in black it far exceeds my needs and I think it looks good too. I wrapped rubberized tape around the rack in the spots I put the clamps. Also used lock washers on the pan-head bolts and nuts supplied with Emgo. I also used lock washers. Also I was able to mount the box leaving enough room to make the gas cap accessible and easy to take on and off. I really hope this helps somebody.
Attachments
2019-08-09 08.24.23.jpg
2019-08-09 08.24.23.jpg (33.24 KiB) Viewed 5669 times
2019-08-09 08.25.44.jpg
2019-08-09 08.25.44.jpg (62.99 KiB) Viewed 5669 times
2019-08-09 08.26.18.jpg
2019-08-09 08.26.18.jpg (102.58 KiB) Viewed 5669 times
2019-08-09 08.26.49.jpg
2019-08-09 08.26.49.jpg (115.3 KiB) Viewed 5669 times
agrogod

Thank you

Post by agrogod »

Have not been on the forum as much as I used to and was catching up on the RH posts.
Thanks for the nice review of my installation of the Emgo, and to your successful mounting.
I would also suggest using zip ties on the mounting points if you have any stabilization issues.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing