Replacement keys?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GFridrich3

Replacement keys?

Post by GFridrich3 »

Does anyone know what key blank the PGO G-Max / Genuine Blur 150cc uses? I compared it to my Subaru key, and its close, but the end profile is slightly different. I would like to have an additional spare made up to leave in another location for safety. I'm sure someone else has to have had a backup key made and has this info! Please help, thanks!
maxG

Re: Replacement keys?

Post by maxG »

GFridrich3 wrote:Does anyone know what key blank the PGO G-Max / Genuine Blur 150cc uses? I compared it to my Subaru key, and its close, but the end profile is slightly different. I would like to have an additional spare made up to leave in another location for safety. I'm sure someone else has to have had a backup key made and has this info! Please help, thanks!
Hi there. When i had mine done, the key profile that was used is dedicated for mitsubishi

But there is a catch:

YOU CANT HAVE THEM DONE USING THE STANDARD KEY DUPLICATING MACHINE.

it has to be sorted manually.

I think the problem has something to do with with the width of one paticular grove that needs filing manually

I had this trouble last year, where i broke my original key on my gmax and needs a replacement.
Most key shops wasnt able to help coz of this issue

Until my mechanic said that the Gmax(i would presume the blur also shares the same profile)that it needs to be done manually.

I had about 6 of this made since it also very difficult to have it done though its a bit expensive for each key made
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

Thanks, I'll check into a Mitsubishi key next time i hit the hardware store or the local supercenter.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

GFridrich3 wrote:Thanks, I'll check into a Mitsubishi key next time i hit the hardware store or the local supercenter.
I'm thinking hardware store or super center aren't going to cut it, they have almost all gone to automatic machines. You're probably going to need a locksmith.
santa

Post by santa »

I ordered 3 blanks from Scoooterworks for Aprox. $2.00 a piece.

Then I took it to the local ACE hardware that grinds their keys manually. He didn't even charge me for grinding the blanks.
blyons9090

No longer from Scooterworks website

Post by blyons9090 »

So, I contacted the guys at Scooterworks who were very helpful. But, they do NOT carry these key blanks anymore. Their parent company Scooterworks Chicago do carry them but only at their physical location.

There are people selling them on eBay and other weird websites either for inflated prices or steep shipping fees. If you're paying more than $6 a key then you're being taken advantage of a bit.

The best place to get these quickly and easily for a fair price ($5 or $6) is at the nearest Genuine dealer. That's what I ended up doing. Most of these places want you as a repeat customer and are happy to oblige.
Dooglas

Re: No longer from Scooterworks website

Post by Dooglas »

blyons9090 wrote:So, I contacted the guys at Scooterworks who were very helpful. But, they do NOT carry these key blanks anymore. Their parent company Scooterworks Chicago do carry them but only at their physical location.
The OP lives in Chicago. That ought to work for him.
chickdr

Re: No longer from Scooterworks website

Post by chickdr »

blyons9090 wrote:So, I contacted the guys at Scooterworks who were very helpful. But, they do NOT carry these key blanks anymore. Their parent company Scooterworks Chicago do carry them but only at their physical location.

There are people selling them on eBay and other weird websites either for inflated prices or steep shipping fees. If you're paying more than $6 a key then you're being taken advantage of a bit.

The best place to get these quickly and easily for a fair price ($5 or $6) is at the nearest Genuine dealer. That's what I ended up doing. Most of these places want you as a repeat customer and are happy to oblige.
I just bought a blank from Scooterworks last month.... My local Genuine dealer couldn't get me a key(only offered to replace the locking cover with two new keys.)