2013 Blur 220i - How do I turn off "Panic Mode"?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

HanShan

2013 Blur 220i - How do I turn off "Panic Mode"?

Post by HanShan »

So I first noticed that my Blur's panic mode was turned on when my gas tank got down to two clicks on the gas gauge and panel started blinking and blinking and blinking. No, I was not about to run out of gas anytime soon, it was just there to give me the constant fear that I might run out of gas.

The next time I noticed it was in panic mode was when I decided to take a relaxed drive in the country. I rod about 20 mile and was about 3 miles out of town when my oil light came on. Yikes! That must be bad! So I pulled over and checked my oil and it seemed low so I drove the two miles back to town, freaking out all the way that my Blur was about to seize up. I bought some motor cycle oil but to my surprise it only took 1/4 bottle and it was over filled! After a quick google I found out that it is actually NOT an oil light, but retaher and "oil change" light.

So I was wondering, besides ripping out the dash, is there anyway I can turn off "Panic Mode" on the Blur?

:lol: :cry:

Seriously, I have an anxiety disorder and the gauges are just too much sometimes. But I still love how it rides!
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

My Blur doesn't have a "panic" mode since it isn't FI, but I suspect yours is the ECU going into a "limp" mode because it thinks something is wrong. Maybe due to an incorrect sensor reading or something like that. It could be a false error. You can try disconnecting the battery for about a minute then reconnecting it to see if the error goes away. If it does, then you're golden, but if it returns, then there might be a real issue in which case your best recourse is to take it to a dealer.

BTW, you must have the really advanced version of the Blur, 2103?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

babblefish wrote:My Blur doesn't have a "panic" mode since it isn't FI, but I suspect yours is the ECU going into a "limp" mode because it thinks something is wrong. Maybe due to an incorrect sensor reading or something like that. It could be a false error. You can try disconnecting the battery for about a minute then reconnecting it to see if the error goes away. If it does, then you're golden, but if it returns, then there might be a real issue in which case your best recourse is to take it to a dealer.

BTW, you must have the really advanced version of the Blur, 2103?
Ha, sorry, that was all a joke. It is all fine and is S.O.P. for the 2013 Blur 220i. The oil light comes on every so many miles to tell you you need an oil change. The oil light is turned off by clicking the left button for 3 seconds, and then letting go and pressing the right button for 3 seconds.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Oh, I thought you were talking about two different issues. Yea, my Blur has the oil change lamp, too. Comes on every 1000 kl (~600 miles), but I change the oil every other "warning".

Btw, your Blur does have a "limp" mode.
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

Ha, what the hell is Limp mode?
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I explained some of it in my first post. When in limp mode, the ECU will provide just enough control of the fuel system to run the engine, albeit, not very efficiently, but enough to get you where you're going.
pcsguy88

Post by pcsguy88 »

My Blur is the same Han, it starts flashing after burning around a gallon, which means I still have half a tank. :? Freaked me out when I was riding it thru country highways on my way home from buying it. I thought I was for sure going to run out of fuel and be pushing it for miles and miles.
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

Yeah, I need to get a small fuel jar so I can ride till I run out of gas so I can tell how much time I have ones the blinking starts.