Idle Reset Problems!!!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toot

Idle Reset Problems!!!

Post by toot »

I have had my Blur for about a year. It would cut out on me several times, the bike just stopped at various times idling. Going down grades, at signals, etc.. I just had the idle reset during my last service a week ago at 1500 miles.. Today it did it again. This dealer is a authorized Genuine Dealer, and said it was done. BUT what do I need to tell them this time, I am bringing it in again next week. They deal with motorcycles and the scooters are a side thing for them, so who knows. Not to downgrade their ability. Thanks for your info in advanced. :cry: :cry: :cry:
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

As there really isn't a throttle adjustment I would try resetting the ECU.

Key off or better out of the ignition. Disconnect the battery positive for about 5 mins, hook it back up then hold the throttle wide open, turn the key to on..listen for the "whir"...release the throttle and turn the key off.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
toot

Post by toot »

According to the service receipt. That is exactly what they did. Heard that even if you reset it still happens on the Blurs. Just hope it doesn't happen when I am going down a steep grade and have someone behind me :x
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I would reset it again just in case they didn't do it. It's quick and easy to do and can't hurt.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Kennyr44

Post by Kennyr44 »

Mine does the same thing. Change your plug if it has 1500 miles. Reset the computer often also. I do it every other ride. Unhooking the battery is probably not needed.
Bergerbot

Post by Bergerbot »

Unhooking the battery is not a part of this process. All you need to do is hold the throttle wide open and then turn the key over until the ECU does it's thing (whirring noise) and then release the throttle
@Bergerbot
toot

Post by toot »

Great thanks. But it stalled on me while I was adjusting my helmet at end of my street. I tried to restart and it wouldn't. I kept holding throttle on and is still didn't start. So I turned key off and and then turned key on and restarted it . It hasn't stalled since. Maybe I did it unintensionly and it worked. But if it happens again I will follow you advice. Thanks
viney266

Post by viney266 »

BuddyRaton wrote:As there really isn't a throttle adjustment I would try resetting the ECU.

Key off or better out of the ignition. Disconnect the battery positive for about 5 mins, hook it back up then hold the throttle wide open, turn the key to on..listen for the "whir"...release the throttle and turn the key off.
^^^just as described by genuine. Wait till the "whir" stops.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

I am wondering what I am doing wrong trying to attempt this. I never hear the "whir" y doing any of these methods.
pcsguy88

Post by pcsguy88 »

It's not a loud sound at all and is somewhere between a whirl and a hum. Just hold the throttle all the way open with the ignition off and then turn the key to the start position. You'll hear it within seconds.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Mine will also randomly stall while sitting at a light. Luckily it has not happened while I was in motion but it is pretty disconcerting to have it cut off. My much cheaper 150cc TGB Laser 150 never had this issue in the over 10k miles I drove it.
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

pcsguy88 wrote:It's not a loud sound at all and is somewhere between a whirl and a hum. Just hold the throttle all the way open with the ignition off and then turn the key to the start position. You'll hear it within seconds.
OK, I did not realize how quiet the whir was. Last time I did it it was in a noisier place. I heard it this morning. Thanks!
scootergrind

Post by scootergrind »

Had rough and inconsistant idle issues until I re-gaped the plug (NGK iridium) to .64 mm. Haven't had any trouble since.

Had also tried resetting ISC many times to no avail.
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

scootergrind wrote:Had rough and inconsistant idle issues until I re-gaped the plug (NGK iridium) to .64 mm. Haven't had any trouble since.

Had also tried resetting ISC many times to no avail.
Thanks for this, gonna mess with my plug again and see what happens. It is much better when I stopped using BP gas, but still not like it was when I bought it.
scootergrind

Post by scootergrind »

Lousy gas is certainly a problem. I like to add a little Stabil to mine to help deal with the effects of ethenol and Cali's horrible "summer gas". Don't know if helps much, but it doesn't seem to hurt.

Best of luck!