Just didn't want the Genuine taller screen so I got:

Easy installation. :D
scootergrind

Post by scootergrind »

Look great, toot!

Where did you find it?
toot

Post by toot »

You have to contact Puig directly. I emailed info contact and they got back to me and sold it directly through them because no one in USA sells it. Too bad really for choice here is not good for some
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Can we get a performance report? I love the Blur but it really needs a windshield.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
toot

Review

Post by toot »

Rode 35 miles today.. I am 5'6" so you must know that first.. The wind is deflected away from the blast on my chest, I hate that. It rises up to shoulders and neck but has less of a blast than with no screen. I wear full face helmet on my Blur and there is no buffeting. It makes for a really pleasant ride. Speed were between 15 mph to 60 mph. I went up the Snake and down Decker. I am really happy with this screen. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE SEAT!!! I can not get comfortable. Sits too far forward and when push back I have a hump in my bum!!! Has anyone raised the front of seat with washers or anything???? This seat is way more uncomfortable than the Honda PCX hump seat. :( :(
bBiz

Post by bBiz »

I just sit all the way back against the hump. It took a couple thousand miles, but it's really comfy now.
pcsguy88

Post by pcsguy88 »

I just ordered the Puig 0572H Light Smoke City Touring Universal Windshield off of Amazon, so we'll find out if it fits on Sunday.
pcsguy88

Post by pcsguy88 »

I promise to get a better pic once I have it finely adjusted.

RCRVNV

Post by RCRVNV »

how did it install?
pcsguy88

Post by pcsguy88 »

RCRVNV wrote:how did it install?
It went on with parts from the box (soooo many parts in there), but I had to keep the mirrors in the original position, not on the new L brackets. If you mount it there way, you have to go hunting for bolts with a reversed thread to secure everything in the original mirror mounts. 1000 miles so far without problems, but takes a day or two to get it positioned just so and I had to get some thick felt tabs at the bottom of the windscreen to stop vibration/rattling.

I absolutely love it and can tell it’ll make a huge difference keeping me warm in the cold months. Really makes a difference in stability between 60 and 70mph. Not terrifying to top it out any more.

Last edited by pcsguy88 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pcsguy88

Post by pcsguy88 »

Sorry, can't get Imgur or this ipad to resize photos. I'll leave them there so you can zoom out to see how it's mounted.