Is there a bulb for the light on the digital speedometer?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

davelhunter

Is there a bulb for the light on the digital speedometer?

Post by davelhunter »

I was wandering if there was a bulb for the light on the digital speedometer? When I went to ride my Blur tonight my speedometer backlight was out. The speedometer worked fine and the RPM gauge was lit up, but no speedometer was dark. I tried turning the bike off and on a few times, but no speedo light. Any ideas? It was working fine last night.
Bergerbot

Post by Bergerbot »

I have the same issue and based on the service manual, it looks like you.'' have to replace the whole piece. I plan on taking my headset apart tomorrow and I will let you know for sure.
@Bergerbot
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

If this is true what a piss poor design. You would need a new gauge cluster every few years and have to keep track of mileage.
relenger

Post by relenger »

Take photos if you take it apart please.
FUNAMBULISTO

Post by FUNAMBULISTO »

This happened on my 220 speedo a couple years ago, not long past warranty expiration, orange backlight just went out.

It appeared to me that the unit was sealed (it is, no customer replaceable lights, they claim) so took to my dealer. Genuine at the time claimed that they hadn't been hearing of this happening and they covered everything for parts and labor to replace the whole unit but they wanted the part back for inspection. I was happy to take that deal.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

chickdr wrote:If this is true what a piss poor design. You would need a new gauge cluster every few years and have to keep track of mileage.
=====
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

Damn.

Just bought my bike and did not notice I have this issue.

I might just get a night light that points down at the speedo...
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I'm pretty sure I could repair something like this, but too bad I'm too far away.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

babblefish wrote:I'm pretty sure I could repair something like this, but too bad I'm too far away.
I think I might be able to as well. The light came on for a second so I might take it apart and see if there is a loose something or other somewhere.

I was just up in Sebastpol last month. :)
RickWaza

Post by RickWaza »

Sigh. I just had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. It was really rainy and humid here and I noticed condensation inside the lens. Related?

Rick
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

Hopefully it is just a short from the rain and will come back on when it dries out. I have no condensation in mine.