Blur Questions

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gearhead

Blur Questions

Post by gearhead »

Im having a 2006 Blur that i purchased from Scooterville in Minnesota delivered here to texas. Im planning to swap all of the important parts from the blur into the ruckus.

My questions are....
1) Is the blur engine pretty much the same thing as the buddy 150 except with a longer swing arm?
2) Are the mounting options of the blur the same thing as a standard gy6?
3) Whats the largest Cylinder kit out there for the blur?
4) Does the blur use a 13mm wrist pin or a 15mm wrist pin?
5) Which gates belt is used for the blur?
6) Scooterworks has ceramic and cast iron cylinder kits. Anybody has experience with the ceramic kits?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Re: Blur Questions

Post by Lostmycage »

1) Smaller valves, hotter cam, longer belt, rear disc brake, 13" rear wheel
2) No. The rear suspension is a big consideration for the Blur's motor mount.
3) 61mm without cutting the cases, 63 if you cut the case (possibly more if you're comfortable with paper thin cases near the 4 main bolts).
4) 15mm
5) I don't think I ever found a gates equivalent. belt size is 829x20x28
6) Can't speak from experience, but ceramic kits dissipate heat better which means the engine is more efficient, which means more reliable power.

Let me know if you'd be interested in any Blur performance parts (exhaust, NCY, Dr P, Prodigy, Mikuni TM24, Digital Dash, etc). I've pulled all the fun stuff off before selling it.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

The blur has a smaller cam and hotter valves than the buddy 150?! wow

Is the camshaft the same size for the buddy 150 and the 125?

The blur that im getting has 15k miles on it so i thought i'd just rebuild the top end with a big bore kit. i thought the 58.5 cylinder kits were the biggest out there before cutting the case. Ive been looking for one on scooterworks.

what performance parts do you have? and do you have pictures?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

gearhead wrote:The blur has a smaller cam and hotter valves than the buddy 150?! wow
Switch that around. Smaller valves, more aggressive cam - same size cam as the Buddy 125/150 (as in, it fits the same engine - different lift/duration profiles).
The blur that im getting has 15k miles on it so i thought i'd just rebuild the top end with a big bore kit. i thought the 58.5 cylinder kits were the biggest out there before cutting the case. Ive been looking for one on scooterworks.
My memory could be fuzzy on the largest non cutting sized cylinder kit. If I recall correctly, there's a 61mm iron kit that can go in the Blur's case without cutting (and I can't confirm this personally) but I seem to remember it not being one that Scooterworks carried at the time. Check into the kit that Mr Miller put in his Blackjack- he's at 171ccs. I don't remember him saying that he had to cut his cases.

If you're going to go all out, get a ceramic kit, cut the cases and while you're in there, put a NCY 60.6mm crankshaft in there which should give you a real monster of an engine. Also, open up the valves a bit (either port the stock head or look for an aftermarket big valve head).

what performance parts do you have? and do you have pictures?
I'll take pics soon.

Exhaust
List of stuff
I keep forgetting to update and take pics.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

in that case, i could go with the 58.5 big valve head that scooter works carries and the 58.5 ceramic cylinder kit they carry. and then use the same cam that the blur comes with since it's more aggressive than a buddy 125/150 cam. What do you think?

I would go with the high performance crank but then i would have to split the cases which i dont really want to.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

If you don't want to split the case then I think that's a really good setup. It should really wake up the Blur engine.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

with the blur engine, if timing is off, will the piston and valve hit?