Argh! Shutdown at the DMV office for the permit test.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rassilon22

Argh! Shutdown at the DMV office for the permit test.

Post by rassilon22 »

My '07 Blur got delivered on Wed, so I was going to take the permit test on Friday. However, work (being work) wouldn't let me leave at a decent time. When I get there there was a long line due to "slow computer systems". Just as I was at the head of the line they announce, "All of the testing is done for the day."

Argh!

I guess I'll have to be patient until Monday... :cry:

Trying to wait patiently to scoot,
Bill
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

Hi Bill,

So, did you get it done on Monday ... and now that it's Tuesday evening and we haven't seen a response, have you been scootin' since then? 8)

Hoping to hear a good report!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
rassilon22

Post by rassilon22 »

I did indeed pass my permit test on Monday. I drove to and from work today, and will be doing so again tomorrow. It was a blast! :D It is about 7 miles to work and back.

I do kind of wish the Blur mirrors extended a little bit further out on the bike though. Motorcycle jackets don't exactly fit like t-shirts. I end up seeing about half jacket and half road depending on how I'm leaning on the bike.

Now if only the MSF class was sooner. I'm scheduled for the second weekend in August. :cry:

Bill
rassilon22

Post by rassilon22 »

The permit test was a bit annoying as well, btw. They first incorrectly gave me the auto test, so I had to also take the cycle test and made me late (by 15min) to work. Aren't state DMVs wonderful?

Bill