blur comparison

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

santa

blur comparison

Post by santa »

I just bought a SYM RV 250. As a result I did not ride the Blur for a couple of weeks. When I got on it I was shocked at how small, quick handling, light weight, and how fantastic the brakes are.

On the other hand one of the first things I noticed was the seat is not nearly as comfortable. The other glaring difference that enormous difference between engine performance. The Blur engine performance becomes comparatively anemic after 40 mpg compared to the SYM. The SYM is slower of the line but between 20 to 60 look out. There is still more left at an indicated 80mpg.

It makes the thought of a Blur with 220cc to 250cc engine a dream scoter.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Yep, Having ridden the 220, it's really pretty great. It's not quite gonna compete with the speed of a 250 or 300, but considering the 150 was just a little slower than I like, the 220 makes up for it and more.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I was seriously holding out for the 220 Blur until I found one of those jaw-dropping deals that seem to only happen to other people; a Brand new Scarabeo 500ie for half price. That's my one in life, right? It's not anywhere near as sporty looking as the Blur, but I think it'll do fine for commuting and screwing around the city... or out of town trips.

I still want to see the 220 Blur make it to the States. I think it'd offer the advantages of scooters to more demanding riders. I've not gotten any saddle time in on the new scoot, but my guess is the Blur's gonna have it beat in handling and braking, but certainly not power and comfort, lol.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

hi santa,

i too have a sym rv250 and a blur and totally agree with your comments. the sym's great seat, grunt in the mid-range, and overall riding experience is exceptional. i really like the sym's feel on the twisties, but it is very different from the blur. i love the blur and think a different motor would really make it a fenom, but the seating position and overall lower weight will make it feel shaky at higher speeds ... so get ready for a wild ride with a 220.

just can't wait for warm weather to return to ohio so i can ride without freezing ...

enjoy your sweet scooters!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
santa

Post by santa »

While looking around at G-maxs around the world I discovered they make a 250. While its horse power is only 18 it only weighs 308 pounds or about 11 pounds more than ours.

However, I seem to remember a couple of years ago reading that inspite of the small weight gain and great increase in power that the 250 had a significantly different suspension to make room for the increased engine size. As a result the reviewer said that the handling was not nearly as good as the 150cc version.

It was so long ago I can't remember if this is true or not. Can i get a little help.

Or maybe does anyone know what Genuine's plans are for their new bigger scooters that Phil alluded to in his interview with Dave from "Just Gotta Scoot".
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

yep, the 250 had an entirely different body AND engine, a Kymco engine, IIRC.

It wasn't popular, i guess it wasn't really that fast AND it lost everything that was cool about the Blur.

I don't think they've made it since 2006 or so. It was never imported here.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.