OE Piston Rings

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Meis

OE Piston Rings

Post by Meis »

Well, I have been away from the forums for a bit (back then I had a 2t buddy 50 cc that I sold and have since reacquired) and I am working on a bit of a project Stella 2T that I bought about three years ago running but needing some work.

I bought the 2T Manual trans scoot running and driving with under 1500 miles on it but making terrible noises while driving as if chunks of metal were loose inside the gearbox. Turns out the person I bought it from rode it once in 4 years and in doing so, inadvertently popped the clutch in first, did a wheelie and laid the bike down. Fortunately, it had all of the protective crash bars installed at the time so those took the brunt of the cosmetic damage. Mechanically there was damages done as well.

After a full teardown, I discovered that 4th gear was missing 3 consecutive teeth, one random tooth, and third gear was missing two consecutive teeth. Over the course of time, I was able to get new LML parts from India to rebuild the transmission including new seals and gaskets, new shifting cross/cruciform as well as the gears themselves.

Fast forward to case assembly; I am putting the top end back onto the fully reassembled cases and one of my two piston rings shattered... I had it compressed but it must have wiggled its way out and became obstructed. To my dismay, the only set I have been able to find came from India. I bought them and waited the time it took them to show up and they arrived in pieces...

Does anyone have a source for OEM sized piston rings for the stock LML piston for the 150 2T Stella?
mjrally

Re: OE Piston Rings

Post by mjrally »

Call scooterwest in San Diego. 98% of PX parts work on Stellas.