Stella 2T sidecar mounting bracket

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Clipper

Stella 2T sidecar mounting bracket

Post by Clipper »

I have a vintage Myers Aircraft sidecar with axel that needs restoring. I also have a Stella 2T. What I'm missing is the mounting bracket. Scooterworks used to list one but it was always out of stock and now it's no longer even listed. (the pictures are from their mounting instructions)

I'd love to get to work on the sidecar but without a mounting bracket there's no point. I'm willing to make some basic welding modifications to attach to the Myers but hoping to avoid building my own entirely from scratch. Does anyone have a suggestion or lead on where to look?

Cheers
Attachments
bracket2.jpg
bracket2.jpg (169.58 KiB) Viewed 6243 times
bracket1.jpg
bracket1.jpg (116.3 KiB) Viewed 6243 times
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Contact American Scooter Center in Pflugerville, TX. They sell sidecar mounting brackets for P/PX Vespas and 2T Stellas.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

Dooglas wrote:Contact American Scooter Center in Pflugerville, TX. They sell sidecar mounting brackets for P/PX Vespas and 2T Stellas.
Thanks! I emailed them and already I have a prompt response saying they'd look their inventory.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

Sheldon at American Scooter Center said he'd get back to me in a couple of days and he hasn't. I've emailed him a couple of times since but he's been silent.

Other ideas?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

You might try SportMax Sidecars in Lethbridge, Alberta.

https://cozysidecar.ca/index.html
Phone: (250) 882 8256
sidecars@sportmaxsales.com