Help looking for LML Stella 4t engine

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drum Pro

Help looking for LML Stella 4t engine

Post by Drum Pro »

Does anyone know of any scooter junk yards? I suspect the crank in my engine is shot. It hasn't seized cos I can get the kick start to go all the way down but there is something going wrong in the engine.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Sometimes you can get lucky calling around to scooter dealerships if someone has done a trade in, or dropped off a wrecked bike, but the 4t stella is old enough that they'll be harder to find.

What's going on with your engine? Symptoms? Maybe it can be rebuilt?
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

The dealer got it to go for about 30 sec. then it made a loud sound and died. I think there is something loose or broke inside the engine and not in the top end cos the piston hasn't seized
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Hmm, well that's good news that it isn't seized at least. How many miles on it? Will it at least roll back and forth in neutral?
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I only got 13,000 mi. And yeah it roll.
rowdyc

Post by rowdyc »

Go bigger with the 200cc motor from SIP. Plug and play and prob no one else will have a 200cc Stella 4T.

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Prod ... sQQAvD_BwE

LML is officially closed and SIP bought the remaining inventory. Once gone no more will be available.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

F N A.... Dude last night someone stole my Stella! It wasn't even running. filed a police report n gonna talk to my insurance.
G-Rod

Post by G-Rod »

Gee...that was convenient :roll: However, gotta ask: has anyone successfully accomplished the 200 cc swap into a Stella 4t?
G-Rod

Post by G-Rod »

Well, that looks like a “NO�. Still, I’ll be here if anybody has anything.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

G-Rod wrote:Gee...that was convenient :roll: However, gotta ask: has anyone successfully accomplished the 200 cc swap into a Stella 4t?
Yes. I have a buddy who has three Stella 4t scooters with 200cc engines. I believe one or two of those might even have big bore kits in them, and a ton of other speed mods. His main touring setup with cruise 75 mph all day, I believe it tops out at 80-85+ with a large rider(I don't know if he actually know the max speed, I would have to check.) From the reviews I have heard when 150cc 4t riders take his scooter for ride they are blown away by the amount of power it has.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

G-Rod wrote:Gee...that was convenient :roll: However, gotta ask: has anyone successfully accomplished the 200 cc swap into a Stella 4t?
I know what it looks like but someone really did steal it. My neighbours got them on cctv. A Doge Ram pulled up with it's lights off, 2 guys got out and lifted it up into the truck n took off. The police say they got no leads as they had their plates covered and themselves also. The insurance company has a copy of the security tape and is now gonna total it..... $2700.00. Ima get a mini cooper now.
gburbank

Post by gburbank »

Yeah the 4t200 swap is super easy, almost a “plug and play� swap. In addition to the engine, you need the matching swingarm adapter and a longer clutch cable, which you can either make up yourself or order from SIP. The outer sheath is a couple inches or so longer. There are a bunch of modifications you can make easily to get more oomph out of it: it is very restricted to comply with euro 3 regulations. First thing, swap the intake Venturi from the dead 150 airbox, it is LARGER than the one supplied with the 200. Then upjet from the supplied 88 to a 92 and see how it runs. All the engine wiring is plug and play. All other cables hook straight up. These engines use a little oil in normal use, remember to check it every 300-400 miles, especially as they age. Most people running them blank off the EGR system with an aluminum plate, easy to cut from a beer can. Use the vacuum takeoff on the manifold to power a cheapo fuel pump as the carb sits higher than the bottom of the tank. The LML club of Great Britain Facebook page has all the details in the “FILES� section at the top of the page. I’m currently running three of these engines. A half dozen people that I know of have them in the USA. Parts are a bitch, but there is an Italian site that has a cross reference guide for common parts (filters, timing chain, clutch plates, etc) and sources for gaskets and remanufactured parts. The clutch itself is a modified cr85 Honda basket and plates, with a different gear to mate with the primary.
stella 4t 200 cc engine, tasso pipe and timing slider, ram-air filter and sidecar
stella auto, bone stock
stella 4t 200cc with readspeed CDI, unmodified stock engine
gburbank

Post by gburbank »

Yeah the 4t200 swap is super easy, almost a “plug and play� swap. In addition to the engine, you need the matching swingarm adapter and a longer clutch cable, which you can either make up yourself or order from SIP. The outer sheath is a couple inches or so longer. There are a bunch of modifications you can make easily to get more oomph out of it: it is very restricted to comply with euro 3 regulations. First thing, swap the intake Venturi from the dead 150 airbox, it is LARGER than the one supplied with the 200. Then upjet from the supplied 88 to a 92 and see how it runs. All the engine wiring is plug and play. All other cables hook straight up. These engines use a little oil in normal use, remember to check it every 300-400 miles, especially as they age. Most people running them blank off the EGR system with an aluminum plate, easy to cut from a beer can. Use the vacuum takeoff on the manifold to power a cheapo fuel pump as the carb sits higher than the bottom of the tank. The LML club of Great Britain Facebook page has all the details in the “FILES� section at the top of the page. I’m currently running three of these engines. A half dozen people that I know of have them in the USA. Parts are a bitch, but there is an Italian site that has a cross reference guide for common parts (filters, timing chain, clutch plates, etc) and sources for gaskets and remanufactured parts. The clutch itself is a modified cr85 Honda basket and plates, with a different gear to mate with the primary.
stella 4t 200 cc engine, tasso pipe and timing slider, ram-air filter and sidecar
stella auto, bone stock
stella 4t 200cc with readspeed CDI, unmodified stock engine
G-Rod

Post by G-Rod »

Thanks for the intell. Think I might just take a shot at the swap if I can’t get my original 150 running right. What I’d really love to produce is a 200cc semi souped sidecar rig to go with our Ural. Love the hacks. Thanks again.