Found a stella for sale but I have my doubts . . . Thoughts?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jaywillforget

Found a stella for sale but I have my doubts . . . Thoughts?

Post by Jaywillforget »

So there is a 2005 2t for sale near me. The owner says it has only 35 miles on it. He is the second owner (he bought it with 25 miles and only put 10 more on it). He also just had it professionally painted (from factory pink to Vespa yellow). Does this sound fishy to anyone else? Why would he spend the money on paint and sell it after only putting 10 miles on it?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

People do things all that time that you might not choose to do. If I bought a pink Stella, I imagine I would paint it as well. The big question is the shape that the scooter is in, and the servicing it has received. That is a 12 year old scooter that has hardly ever been ridden. Every rubber part on the scooter would be trash by now and the carb is probably a mess. All depends on whether the seller has already done all the things necessary to put the scooter back on the road. Either it is running well and things are in order, or they are not. And a 2T shifty is not everybody's cup of tea. I once owned a 2T Stella. My preference is a 4T modern Vespa.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Going from a buddy to a stella and you will initially think"why is this thing trying to murder me". They are agricultural but have a fun mechanical quirkiness. There is the engine on the side balance, vague shifter, sometimes touchy footbrake, darty front fork under braking, 2t powerband, and strange oscillations in the suspension in bumpy corners, consider it more of challenge to ride and respect it for a 50 year old design
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

How much?

Shame - The pink is getting rarer and rarer. It'd be great to get a pink one. Big Bore, gear, and pipe it. Smoke the ricers and Harleys at the lights.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
Jaywillforget

Post by Jaywillforget »

I passed. Still for sale though. I would think it would need some seals replaced and carb prob gunked up. Who knows what the inside of the tank looks like. Just wasn’t feeling this one.
245luigi

Re: Found a stella for sale but I have my doubts . . . Thoughts?

Post by 245luigi »

Ha I bought this bike from the person who bought it when OP passed