Pinasco 21 mm Carb Upgrade (Genuine Stella 4T) - question

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

alex_albergaria

Pinasco 21 mm Carb Upgrade (Genuine Stella 4T) - question

Post by alex_albergaria »

Hey guys, I'm new on this forum and I just got my 2012 Stella 4t manual 3 days ago.

Anywho, mine already came with the Pinasco Performance Exhaust (150cc, 4-stroke, Black); Stella http://www.scooterworks.com/pinasco-per ... S67n5TF-Vs

It runs great and it sounds awesome... anyway, I was thinking about adding the Pinasco 21 mm Carb Upgrade (Genuine Stella 4T) http://www.scooterworks.com/pinasco-21- ... S67upTF-Vs

what do you guys think? does anyone here has it? its suppose to be really good together, that's why I'm asking here...

please, let me know your guys thoughts!

thanks!
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

I've heard nothing but horror stories about the Pinasco 21mm carb.

Get this instead http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... +_p1770090
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

What kind of horror stories?

Also, wow, that Polini carb you posted is much cheaper. Any reviews on that one?
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

The Pinasco carb is simply a DellOrto PHBG 21mm carb, "AD" form factor. The "A" means clamp-type, the "D" means that the mixture adjustments are on the right side of the carb.

It has an AN-type atomizer and atomizer plate. AN atomizers are for four-stroke engines. Fuel float is 5 grams, which is proper for a 4-stroke application. The main and choke jets weren't too bad, but the low-speed jet was a bit too small, IIRC.

The big problem is that the fitted throttle slide is a #30. This slide is meant for smaller engines (sub-100cc) or PHBG carburetors with bores of 18mm or less in order to create enough vacuum to draw fuel. It's a bit too aggressive for a 150cc engine. A #40 throttle slide would be a better fit for this application.

I documented all the appropriate parts someplace. You can actually order all the bits to build up an identical carb (less the fancy Pinasco sticker and box) for about $140 plus shipping from the moped parts supplier Treatland. If you're feeling adventurous, I'll post the list and you can roll your own.

Protip: What's with the "S" and "D" on DellOrtos? The "S" stands for "sinistra", which is Italian for "left". The "D" is for "diritto", which is Italian for "right".
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Or you could go with the SIP "kit", that though a bit of work to fit, works GREAT!
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

viney266 wrote:Or you could go with the SIP "kit", that through a bit of work to fit, works GREAT!
I could, but I'm a stubborn bastard and I can set up a carburetor. A PHBG has a ton of setup options and they're no worse to tune than anything from the SI product line. :wink:

Plus, there's a handy and rather technical setup guide for them.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

And don't forget to buy a selection of main jets with the carburetor, I can guarantee that you will need to swap jets.
Stella4T

Re: Pinasco 21 mm Carb Upgrade (Genuine Stella 4T) - question

Post by Stella4T »

Reviving this post with the hopes that I can get some feedback. I found links to old post but they are not valid anymore, hence the post.
For reference: Stella 150cc 4T (basically stock)

Looking to get just a little bit more w/o killing the poor engine. It's a fun ride and it's my daily commuter in NYC. Looking into upgrading carbs and exhaust, I wouldn't mind doing it in stages. First exhaust: not sure which one but here are my choices:

Giannelli, Pinasco Symphony, GPR or Sito Plus... All seem to be good from what I've gathered.

As for Carbs, Pinasco 21mm are discontinued, but I read in this thread that its simply a DellOrto PHBG 21mm carb, AD. Anyone have the DellOrto one? Impressions? What were the jets, idle and air mixtures setting so I have a basis to start with.. ?

No more big bore kits around unfortunately, or either the SIP 200cc plug & play. Anyone have any info to share, I'll appreciate it a bunch.

Lastly, stellaspeed forum is dead but was wondering if anyone archived the good stuff?

Happy New Years and thanks in advance.

SotoMoto