So, how many miles do you have on your Stella 4T?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ArgonV

Post by ArgonV »

How often should I be changing the oil on a 4t Stella?

I've had the scooter for almost 2 years with 4700 miles on her, and had the oil and filter changed twice. I just checked the level and color and it looks mid-way on the dip stick mark with an amber color.
BigDaddy SnakeOiler

Post by BigDaddy SnakeOiler »

I do about 1000 for oil, 2000 for filter. I've run a filter up to 3000+ miles though.
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddyOTR/">
Big Daddy Scooter Bum Blog</a>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddy.snakeoiler">
BigDaddy on FaceBook</a>
srbbnd

Re: So, how many miles do you have on your Stella 4T?

Post by srbbnd »

Finally hit 7,000 miles on my Stella. On my third speedo cable, so have a few hundred more than that, but it is still going strong after being in Mexico, Belize, South Carolina, Missouri and DC.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
tev

Post by tev »

srbbnd wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:40 pm Finally hit 7,000 miles on my Stella. On my third speedo cable, so have a few hundred more than that, but it is still going strong after being in Mexico, Belize, South Carolina, Missouri and DC.
nice.
i picked up a 2012 4T in early march of this year. it had 1900+ miles on it and i’ve put another 100+/month since then. i live in CA so it’s pretty much year round riding here.
are you flying places and shipping your scooter?
stella 4t & a p200e
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

Yeppers, work for the feds and have been moving around a lot and I have been able to finagle them shipping it some how every time. Finally settled down. Most of the damage on my scooter is from it being shipped. It surprisingly starts up fine every time even if it has been sitting for months.
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

tev, where are you abouts in Oakland? I drive my Stella all around Oakland too :)

Looking at my odometer, I'm almost at 19,000 miles :shock:
JPL

Post by JPL »

Took ownership of my 4T 10 years and 3 days ago and am just over 9100 miles. It still runs great but the scrapes from a lay-down are looking like they're beginning to rust on me. Probably should have taken care of that at the time!

Been a while since I've been on the site- Cheers!
mr72

Post by mr72 »

I have a Stella automatic. I guess that's not the "4T" you guys are talking about. It has one too many miles on it. About 10,800. I put about 50 of those miles on it after I bought it and got it running again before it shredded its own variator drive face. I also have a Yamaha Vino 125 with about 1000 more miles on it, 8 years older, and it's a way better scooter.
tev

Post by tev »

Yalzin wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:43 am tev, where are you abouts in Oakland? I drive my Stella all around Oakland too :)

Looking at my odometer, I'm almost at 19,000 miles :shock:
i live near childrens hospital. santa fe district…. bushrod adjacent.
19k miles?!?! :clap:
stella 4t & a p200e