Save the Date! July 17, 2010: Bowl-N-Roll Kansas City

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KCBluesBBQ

Save the Date! July 17, 2010: Bowl-N-Roll Kansas City

Post by KCBluesBBQ »

Save the Date! July 17, 2010: Bowl-N-Roll Bring your own ball n' shoes or rent as we go three to four alleys, +1 small admission fee supports patch, prizes... Stay tuned for more details in June!!!
Buddy 125 "Pearl"
Chetak 4T "Delores Del Ruby"
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

The patch looks cool...
I did not design it, though I did create it.
Someone else sketched it, I just used my mad Illustrator skills.

Not mad skills but I always get pissed working in that program... LOL
KCBluesBBQ

Post by KCBluesBBQ »

And Herrrrrre's the patch!

Official sign up info coming soon!
Buddy 125 "Pearl"
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

Awesome. I'm in!!!
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

KCScooterDude wrote:Awesome. I'm in!!!
Cool... if you have a Facebook account you can see the details of the Bowl n' Roll on our events page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=370442457093

FYI, we are a unaffiliated scooter group (meaning no club politics). So if you want ride in KC look us up and join in.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

iMoses wrote:
KCScooterDude wrote:Awesome. I'm in!!!
Cool... if you have a Facebook account you can see the details of the Bowl n' Roll on our events page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=370442457093

FYI, we are a unaffiliated scooter group (meaning no club politics). So if you want ride in KC look us up and join in.
I do and I did. I assume we can pay at the door. If not, let me know and I can catch you at another ride before then.
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Yes, it's "pay at the door" once the door has been established (door = meet up place). We will post that info on the Facebook site and on here.

FYI, the entry fee covers the patch and prizes only. The bowling and any food or drink is extra so please keep that in mind.

:)
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

UPDATE • UPDATE • UPDATE • UPDATE • UPDATE • UPDATE

July 17, 2010: Bowl-N-Roll Kansas City

Your $10 entry fee gets you a patch and a chance at one of 3 equal cash prizes

The 3 winners will be decided based on:
Highest average
Lowest average
Median average – person who’s average is closest to the middle

Please note the $10 entry fee covers the patch and prizes only.
The bowling and any food or drink is extra.

WHEN:
Noon - July 17, 2010

MEET UP:
Children's Fountain
Intersection of North Oak Trafficway & 32nd Street in North Kansas City, MO
(there is street parking on 32nd street – behind the fountain)

1st GAME:
We will ride to AMF Vivion Lanes (217 NE Vivion Rd. KCMO )
Everyone bowls 1 game - their score is tallied by the official score keeper

2nd GAME:
We ride to the second bowling alley Gladstone Lanes (300 NW 72nd St. Gladstone, MO)
Everyone bowls 1 game - their score is tallied by the official score keeper

3rd GAME:
We ride to the third and final bowling alley NKC Pro Bowl Lanes (505 E 18th Ave. North Kansas City, MO) Everyone bowls 1 game - their score is tallied by the official score keeper

We will stay in at the last location for the prizes to be announced and given. You can have some late lunch and Beers while scores are averaged and winners determined.

*** If you have to rent shoes, plan to spend around $8.50 at each location.
***Save over $10 by owning your own bowling shoes.

FYI - Certain boxes of Totino's Pizza and Jolly Time Popcorn have a coupon for a free game of bowling. Two of the alleys we are attending are listed as accepting of the coupon.
KCBluesBBQ

Post by KCBluesBBQ »

TONY'S PIZZA

All 3 alleys are listed on the Tony's pizza web page for accepting these coupons! There is still time to buy Tony's pizza's! They were 5/$10 at Price Chopper earlier this week!!!!

Free bowling!
Buddy 125 "Pearl"
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Here are some picture from the 1st annual Bowl N Roll
Attachments
group3.jpg
group3.jpg (151.98 KiB) Viewed 742 times
group2.jpg
group2.jpg (143.15 KiB) Viewed 742 times
bowling shoes.jpg
bowling shoes.jpg (115.29 KiB) Viewed 742 times
fancy footwork.jpg
fancy footwork.jpg (107.9 KiB) Viewed 742 times
special parking provided at the first location
special parking provided at the first location
special scooter parking.jpg (90.72 KiB) Viewed 742 times
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Bowl N Roll write up

Saturday was a hot, humid yet fun day. The temperature was in the 90’s as was the humidity, the type of day in which a cold drink taste heavenly. Each of us did our best to take a few glimpses upward.

After we paid the piper (and planner), we left for the first bowling alley and rode a back way to Northland Lanes where we had excellent scooter parking ... yes on the sidewalk in the shade. Look at the picture posted earlier on this page. This is the lane where the highest game was bowled ... a 187 by me. The low score was by Denise and may have been in the 40’s.

The second bowling alley was at Gladstone Lanes which was a dark cave more than an alley, as if a permanent Cosmic Bowl was the norm. The salty and gruff staff threw our game off (it wasn’t that we all suck!).

On the way to the third alley we rode by last years crash site that Joker had on his Stella. Other than his pride he wasn’t hurt, but the Stella did attain a few scratches then. The NKC Pro Bowl Lanes (505 E 18th Ave., NKC) has go-carts and mini-golf so we are going to keep that in mind for a possible future ride later this year. This place was enormous and had a fun atmosphere complete with a waitress who took our food & drink order.

After every one bowled their last game, all three game scores were tallied. $25 prizes were given for highest average (me), lowest average and median average.

This ride was something we had been wanting to do for over a year. Plans for next years Bowl ‘N Roll will begin shortly. If you have any feed back please let me know.