Buddy Flipout Foot Pegs

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

Re: Buddy Flipout Foot Pegs

Post by skipper20 »

andgosun wrote:I possibly have the only Buddy with flip out foot pegs in the world. I started this project 2 weeks ago. After 2 1/2 hours of pattern building, 7 hours of design and fabrication and 2 1/2 hours of tweeking and shimming, the foot pegs came out fairly well for 100% hand built. There was no mods or cutting on the Buddy. The pegs pivot on teflon and have a retension adjustment so they stay retracted when not in use. They flip out and retract as smooth as glass. :D I used cadmium plated hardware on this prototype and will probably upgrade to stainless steel button head screws with a recessed hex drive. Please feel free to comment.
:D :D :D
Andrew
Very nice and a beautiful piece of workmanship. When you're riding do you move your legs and feet back so that your feet can rest on them or are they primarily for a passenger's feet? Again, a very nice job.

Bill in Seattle
'12 170i Italia
'11 220i Blur (which could definitely use rider's foot pegs)
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I got a set from him years ago and was just wondering if he still does the passenger pegs since we now have a second Buddy. Great quality for the price and work as advertised.
gluv4u2

Post by gluv4u2 »

I'm sure this is a super stretch, but are these still a "thing"? :-)
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Oh wow, that was a loooong time ago. The fold out rear passenger pegs I got from him are on my wife's Buddy. She said they are the difference of night and day when she rides on the back. The seller made them by hand, look rather simple to make (but very nicely done) but Im lazy and it was easier to pay him to do it. Try to PM him and see.
gluv4u2

Post by gluv4u2 »

well im very GLAD to see they survived the years of use :) I did PM him, but wanted to revive the thread if he responded.

Thanks for the feedback!
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I would not stand on them and ride wheelies, or stand on them period-but they work pretty well and have survived alot of two up riding.
New2Scoots

Post by New2Scoots »

Those pegs are exactly what I'm hoping to find or make. It's a comfort thing, on my first long ride my legs got tired from holding my knees out of the wind. I finally put my feet on the pillion foot rests & my legs relaxed but there isn't much room for my feet & I thought they might slip off at some point. Not good at 60+ mph. Maybe if I just bolt on metal extensions with raised ends to keep my feet from slipping off. If I come up with an idea sometime & follow through I'll post it.
keltick

Post by keltick »

A decade later and I STILL want these.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Sending you a PM keltic...... And they went to a new owner.