3 weeks and I finally registered.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CaliGirl

3 weeks and I finally registered.

Post by CaliGirl »

I've been lurking in here for three weeks now. So I kind of feel like I know some of you (well at least your usernames). I held off on registering because I was indecisive of what I actually wanted and I was doing tons of research. I'd like to say I was thorough on investigating many types of scooters to make my final decision. I also found some great bookmarks I visit daily now for news on scooters. girlbike.com being one of course!

I am planning on buying a Buddy 125 hopefully this week but keep in mind I'm new to scooters so I may be asking dumb questions.

My background with two/three wheelers is while growing up I rode dirt bikes and atv's in the desert near San Diego (my hometown), and occasionally my family would drive out to Palm Springs and Fresno to play in the dirt out there. I realize scooters are much more laid back though. :D

Although I will admit that before I was born my dad always had motorcyles and while growing I was always around them (my dad was a biker and loved Harleys). If he was alive today he'd probably be amused that I took on a scooter to ride on the roads.

I did take time to read the rules in the sticky thread here, and found that jess was even aware that there are many lurkers (sure glad the forum wasn't set up to register only to view!). jess should do that on April fools, I wonder how many registrants modernbuddy.com and modernvespa.com would rack up that day! :twisted:
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Welcome CaliGirl! We are getting quite a large Bay Area contingent, must be time to start thinking about a gathering to put faces to screen names.

I also grew up in SD, though no dirt bike riding for me as a kid :( That experience will definitely make things easier for you once you're on the road.

The big question is: which color? :P After I bought my black one, Barry at SFSC was a bit worried because he wasn't going to have any other black ones in stock for a few weeks (other than the demo).

Let us know if you have any questions!
CaliGirl

Post by CaliGirl »

vitaminC wrote:Welcome CaliGirl! We are getting quite a large Bay Area contingent, must be time to start thinking about a gathering to put faces to screen names.

I also grew up in SD, though no dirt bike riding for me as a kid :( That experience will definitely make things easier for you once you're on the road.

The big question is: which color? :P After I bought my black one, Barry at SFSC was a bit worried because he wasn't going to have any other black ones in stock for a few weeks (other than the demo).

Let us know if you have any questions!
San Diego rocks, although from having weather only rain about 2 weeks out of the year I kind of got bored, moved to Silicon area for a job, then to orange county, then to Houston for 4 years. I wanted to appreciate California. Texas did that for me (Houston and Austin are nice but the weather isnt San Diego). I moved back to SD for a few months while searching for a job, and ended up with one back in Bay Area (in my favorite industry - Video games). Have been out here over a year now, I think SF is simply gorgeous, Marin County and Silicon Valley areas included.

I saw some black ones (maybe they were 50cc) at SF Scooter Centre last Saturday. It took me 2 days going back and forth between orange, black then Cream. I finally decided on Cream, I hope they have one or I'm going to break down right in front of them.

I'll have questions galore after I get her.
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

Another Bay Area! That meetup sounds like a good plan. :)

You just missed me then- I was there getting my orange buddy earlier in the week. Cream is great, we just need a fourth in pink to round us out.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

CaliGirl wrote: I wanted to appreciate California. Texas did that for me (Houston and Austin are nice but the weather isnt San Diego).
A year in East Lansing, MI did it for me! :cry: I don't ever want to leave again...