Where is the moderator of this site?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DeeDee

Where is the moderator of this site?

Post by DeeDee »

For crying out loud... How much spam are you going to allow before you start to do something about it.

There's crap on here from August 2 that has been reported, yet is still here.

If you don't care enough about your site to clean it up, how long do expect people to keep coming here.

There's an active FB page for Buddy scooter owners that isn't inundated w/ adult dating, health insurance, apartment moving and the plethora of foreign language posts advertising for who knows what.

Show a little pride man. Clean this crap up.
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
rottekatz

Re: Where is the moderator of this site?

Post by rottekatz »

DeeDee, Have you ever been on one of Wally's rides?
zino

Post by zino »

this spam is getting out of control
Neil82

Post by Neil82 »

Really needs to get cleaned up
2022 Buddy 170i
Scootergoddess

Post by Scootergoddess »

I basically don’t use the forum any more because its full of junk.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

From what I have seen Modern Buddy has been down to one moderator for the last year or more. But it looks like he has stepped down from being an active moderator. jrsjr deserves a lot of credit for keeping this site clean by himself for as long as he did.

It's time to recruit some new moderators. I'll even volunteer. I don't know how to be a moderator but I know what spam is.

I'd hate to see people give up on this site. In my opinion this is still the best site for information and advice on Genuine scooters.
tenders

Post by tenders »

I volunteer too, if the owner is taking applications. I’m pretty sick of the low level of discourse on the Facebook group.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I posed the question on modernvespa, and here is the reply I received: I took out the phone number.

Sender suggested using a junk email account if you try to make contact.

I suspect this site (Modern Buddy) is circling the drain, and you won't be able to access it much longer. If so, I will truely miss this resource.
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
Neil82

Post by Neil82 »

We need to keep this website around. Let me know if I can help somehow. This website is a great resource for Genuine scooter enthusiasts.
2022 Buddy 170i
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

DeeDee wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:34 pm I posed the question on modernvespa, and here is the reply I received: I took out the phone number.

Sender suggested using a junk email account if you try to make contact.

I suspect this site (Modern Buddy) is circling the drain, and you won't be able to access it much longer. If so, I will truely miss this resource.
DeeDee just earned a one-month ban for posting a member’s personal info. Doesn’t matter that it was mine, but it sure as hell didn’t help. I’ve removed the info, most of which is out of date.

If he’d done it to another member, it would have been a permanent ban.

Do we really need a rule about doxxing? I guess so.

The site isn’t going away but will be handed over to a new admin/owner at some point. There were a couple options on the table that I didn’t like because I was confident the site would be run well and be able to continue as it has been.

jrsjr was the sole moderator for some time and ran the site while I paid the bills, kept the lights on, and tried to deal with the many tech issues. He has stepped down, so I am picking up the housekeeping. I’ve been taking down spam as reported, but will go through the reports to see if I’ve missed any.

Meanwhile, I will be bringing on some new moderators. I’ll post about that this weekend. It’s long overdue, as are many things with the site. I’m well aware of that.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

scootERIK wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:44 pm From what I have seen Modern Buddy has been down to one moderator for the last year or more. But it looks like he has stepped down from being an active moderator. jrsjr deserves a lot of credit for keeping this site clean by himself for as long as he did.

It's time to recruit some new moderators. I'll even volunteer. I don't know how to be a moderator but I know what spam is.

I'd hate to see people give up on this site. In my opinion this is still the best site for information and advice on Genuine scooters.
If you’re really up for it, you’re hired. You’ve been around a long time and an active member. Let me know and I’ll grant you power beyond your wildest dreams. Well, maybe not that. But I’d be happy to have you on the team, which will be growing.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Scootergoddess

Post by Scootergoddess »

I applaud you for this. I’d sure hate to see this valuable resource go away.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

A tip to potential spammers- don't post in a thread about moderators.