Brio 50i deristrict HELP!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

printdragon

Brio 50i deristrict HELP!

Post by printdragon »

Just picked up a Brio 50i for a friend and cannot find any mechanical restriction in muffler or variator shaft. Anyone have any idea how to break 30MPH? Thanks, Shep
sc00ter

Re: Brio 50i deristrict HELP!

Post by sc00ter »

Does it over-rev? Reach a certain speed and then continue to rev higher, but stays the same speed? If so then it has mechanical restriction. Being a 4-stroke it wont be as simple as a Buddy 2-stroke to de-restrict.

I would check inside the variator. I've seen weird devices that limit roller movement. Also, same devices on the torque drive. Honda Ruckus models pop into mind on torque driver restriction. It could also have CDI restriction. I highly doubt its a simple wire cut anymore but you never know. On early Honda Metros (those horrible 2 series) you had to do the 'Blue box' over-ride to increase the RPM's.

Your'e the first person to own one of these on this site. I look at the Brio and Urdano models as a Chinese 4-strokes backed by a Genuine warranty. Oh, and that! Don't void your warranty by damaging something or short anything out. You then will be the first to see how parts supply is for a Brio.

Good luck de-restricting it.
Dooglas

Re: Brio 50i deristrict HELP!

Post by Dooglas »

I understand that the Brio 50 is fuel injected. That means it also has a CDI module. That would suggest that it would be electronically restricted rather than mechanically. The module would likely have to be reprogrammed or replaced in order to change the current performance profile.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)