Leak?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Scootergoddess

Leak?

Post by Scootergoddess »

Every night after i park my Buddy 50 it leaves one small drop off oil on the concrete. One. Shes only got 40 miles on her. Advice please?
tenders

Re: Leak?

Post by tenders »

There are three liquids in a Buddy 50: brake fluid in the front brake on the front wheel caliper, two-cycle oil in a tank in the middle of the scooter behind where your heels are when riding, and hub or transmission oil near the rear wheel, left side.

Brake fluid has no particular smell. Two-cycle oil has a traditional oily smell. Transmission oil has a strong, pungent odor.

Based on location and scent, what are you finding on the ground? Chances are it’s the two-stroke oil - there’s a lot of it, and if the tank is overfilled into the fill tube from under the seat, or the fill tube or oil level sensor aren’t properly sealed in the tank, it’ll leak.

The fix might be as simple as letting the overfill burn off over the next few hundred miles, and making sure the tank isn’t overfilled from then on.
Scootergoddess

Re: Leak?

Post by Scootergoddess »

It is right in the middle, and from what everyone is saying it was probably over filked two stroke engine oil. I will keep a close eye on it over next hundred miles or so. If it clears up I will assume thats what it was. If it continues past 100 miles i will have dealer check it out. Thanks!