The Rattler and Urbano are now available with 125cc engines.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scootERIK

The Rattler and Urbano are now available with 125cc engines.

Post by scootERIK »

Not sure when these came out, but I have to guess fairly recently since I can find a price.

The 124.6 cc engine is rated at 8.6 horsepower which is about 3 horsepower less than the 168.9cc version, the Buddy 125 is 9.7 hp. They might not have EFI like the "200" versions. Plus, the 125 is rated at 75+ mpg while the "200" is rated at 100+ mpg. They do weigh about 13-15 pounds less.

Looking at the specs I think I would pay a few hundred more dollars for the "200" to get the extra power and higher mpgs.

I am hoping to get a chance to test ride an Urbano at some point. I test rode a Rattler 200 and was fairly impressed but the seat was miserable.

Rattler 125- https://www.genuinescooters.com/product/rattler-125/

Urbano 125 - https://www.genuinescooters.com/product/urbano-125/
Kaos

Re: The Rattler and Urbano are now available with 125cc engines.

Post by Kaos »

I wonder why they didn't just use the same 125cc GY6 they're using in the Buddy? Also, MAN Genuine has added a few scoots to their lineup since I last looked... Like 10 years ago :P
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

$$$$ Kymco pulled this same crap when they quit selling the people 2t in the US. Chinese scooter with a Kymco badge. Like 200i ring a bell? Genuine has been throwing crap on the wall to see what will stick ever since Phil and they parted ways. I'll take a Buddy 125 any day of the week.
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I agree with DeeDee. The reason we ride a Buddy 125 and recommend them is because the build quality is very good, and we actually ride them! We rely on them to get to jobs, not just a weekend toy. Time will tell if the quality is there with these new models, but I'll continue to suggest a Buddy 50 or 125 to anyone looking for a used scooter.