GPS or Navigation Apps

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

thenikkiroom

GPS or Navigation Apps

Post by thenikkiroom »

What GPS units or navigation apps do you use? I know Google Maps has an avoid highways function but it still tends to lead me to some high speed roads. A Facebook group recommended the ScootRoute app but the UI needs a ton of work.

I ride a Buddy Kick 125 and I’m looking for any type of navigation that allows me to set max speed of my trip. Thanks!
DeeDee

Re: GPS or Navigation Apps

Post by DeeDee »

I have heard good things about this: https://scootroute.com/?fbclid=IwAR3Ipk ... _xaPVlDXPM
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
thenikkiroom

Post by thenikkiroom »

Thanks but like I said, the UI (user interface) is terrible. It needs a ton of work; I’ll start riding and the GPS would stop following me, can’t search most businesses by name, can’t connect to contacts. The map looks like it’s still from 2008.

Hoping someone has found a better app.
tenders

Post by tenders »

Try “Scenic.” It does have an unusual interface but it’s worth figuring it out, IMO. It has offline map capability.
Point37

Post by Point37 »

i have heard about the following 3 but have not used them yet...have them on my phone at the moment though

maps.me
rever
osmandmaps
'10 Triumph Bonneville SE (sold), '00 Yamaha TW200 (sold), '08 Husqvarna SM510R (sold), '05 Honda CBR 600RR (sold), '03 Honda CBR 600RR (sold)