New Guys Need some pre delivery Help

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rottekatz

New Guys Need some pre delivery Help

Post by rottekatz »

We are Rich and Debbie in Monument, Co. I ride a Vespa 150 and today we ordered a Buddy 125 for Debbie from Sportique in Denver. The Buddys are hard to find right now. I'll post pictures after its arrival and I complete the mods.

I plan to install: :)

Cowl guard
Rear rack
Lower Seat

Mod by:
Convert dead lights to running light/turn signals.
Need to know.
What color and gauge are the wires in the 4 wire connector from the ignition switch?
What color and gauge are the wires to the current turn signals and the wires coming out of the dead lights? I would expect them to be the same.

Do these lights fit the Buddy 150? If so, I will modify them with a 1157 bulb holder. I found an 1157 led bulb with a amber and separate whit circuit.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MXXAJQ7? ... ct_details
eamartin

Re: New Guys Need some pre delivery Help

Post by eamartin »

I have a 2013 Buddy 125 ignition switch on the desk in front of me. Wire colors are blue, black, orange and red w/white tracer. I don't know the wire gauges. I can make a guess with a wire stripper if you like. Blue and black are pretty thin. Orange and red w/white tracer are noticeably thicker.
rottekatz

Post by rottekatz »

eamartin wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:04 pm I have a 2013 Buddy 125 ignition switch on the desk in front of me. Wire colors are blue, black, orange and red w/white tracer. I don't know the wire gauges. I can make a guess with a wire stripper if you like. Blue and black are pretty thin. Orange and red w/white tracer are noticeably thicker.
Yes please. I'll use the same gauge of wire for the lights as is on my Vespa.
eamartin

Post by eamartin »

rottekatz, My ignition switch wires are as follows: Blue 16ga, Black 16ga, Orange 12ga and Red/with white tracer 12ga.
rottekatz

Post by rottekatz »

Thank you eamartin. I found that O'Reily Autoparts sells wire by the foot.
rottekatz

Post by rottekatz »

Thank you eamartin. I found that O'Reily Autoparts sells wire by the foot.
eamartin

Post by eamartin »

Good to know. I could have used them on a project a few years ago. Any idea what colors and sizes they offer by the foot?
rottekatz

Post by rottekatz »

From their web site, it looks like they have most colors and gauges. The red with white stringer may be hard to find.
rottekatz

Post by rottekatz »

Thank you eamartin. I got everything wired up today and it works as planned. In the dead bulbs she has white running lights and when she uses the turn signal the dead bulb flashes amber on time with the pods. I'd post a video but can't figure out how.