Seat Latch and Technical Library

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

carlam

Seat Latch and Technical Library

Post by carlam »

I did a search for how to fix seat latch on Buddy 125 on this forum. Anytime I think I'm getting close to finding the info, I get:

"The requested page could not be found."

Turning key to release seat isn't working. I pulled the front cover off the buddy, used the screwdriver there to push the cable. Cable moves freely, but does not release seat. If I yank up real hard on the seat, I can get it open...for now...seems more and more difficult each time, especially when I am trying to hold the key turned at the same time.

I've pulled the 'helmet tub' out of my buddy (is this what is being referred to as the pet carrier?) and I can get the latch to release by pushing a screwdriver against the lever, not much pressure is necessary.

It is a 2013 model that I just acquired that had only 6 miles on it, so I suspect the cable or the spring are stretched due to lack of use for 9 years.

How do I tighten (shorten?) the cable to the latch release?

Where is the Technical Library that is mentioned on this site?
"This section also contains a lot of links to various technical info and tutorials. You'll find more of these in our Technical Library." When I click the link, I get the 'could not be found' message.

Thanks for all your help!
DeeDee

Re: Seat Latch and Technical Library

Post by DeeDee »

Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
carlam

Re: Seat Latch and Technical Library

Post by carlam »

PERFECT! Worked like a charm. Thank you!!!!