NCY High Performance exhaust for a Buddy Kick

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ipso_no_facto

NCY High Performance exhaust for a Buddy Kick

Post by Ipso_no_facto »

Scooterworks now has a NCY high-performance exhaust for the Buddy KICK and I'd like to give it a try. Has anyone out there tried this themselves on their KICK or has anyone installed a hi-pro exhaust on any Genuine model? It appears to be an unbolt and bolt on type of situation, but what else is needed? I had been told in the past by someone that if you do this to your bike you need to change the fuel mixture settings. I could change out the jets on a carbureted bike, but the KICK is fuel injected. How do you do this on a fuel injected ride? Is there anything else I need to keep in mind about this upgrade? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not looking for much more on the top end, but for $200 this seems a lot cheaper than getting the new Royal Alloy 300 right now. Anybody done this for any kind of Buddy, 50cc, Blur etc?
Ninebark

Re: NCY High Performance exhaust for a Buddy Kick

Post by Ninebark »

I just put the NCY exhaust on my buddy 170i. Sounds great and runs great. I don't think I have to worry about fuel mixture unless you start messing with the air intake. Even if I decide to open up the air intake, i am told the the ecu is monitoring the air coming in and will adjust. There are no co2 sensors as in a closed loop monitoring system that i am used to on other bikes I have had, so for now I'm not going to mess the the intake. But if I do, and I probably will at some point, I will reply back with the results. My guess is the Kick has a similar setup.