Engine replacement or cylinder/piston upgrade?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Dick

Engine replacement or cylinder/piston upgrade?

Post by Dick »

I’m new to the forum but happy I found it. My 2015 Buddy 125 began smoking 2 weeks ago so I removed the head, cylinder and piston (after discovering metal chips on the oil strainer and in the oil drain plug recess). The lowest ring was broken on both sides and the related groove was damaged in the same locations. The wrist pin clip was missing on one side and the cylinder bore was seriously damaged near the bottom of the sleeve. Oddly, the engine still started right up, no funny sounds and it ran well but laid a smoke screen like a rich running 2-stroke! The scoot has only 5400 miles on it. I’d like to either replace the engine or replace the cylinder and piston or add a big bore 150cc head-cylinder-piston kit. My engine# PGO C206201. It seems no suppliers online will tell me what exactly will work without modification. I recall reading that the 125 engine has a 13 mm wrist pin and that some cylinder kits contain 15mm wrist pins. No one seems to offer a PGO replacement engine. Can you help me? Thanks, Dick my email address is roof-rider@hotmail.com
scootERIK

Re: Engine replacement or cylinder/piston upgrade?

Post by scootERIK »

https://www.scooterworks.com/Prima-Cyli ... P1027.aspx

Finding a replacement engine is really hard. I have been looking for a Buddy 125 engine for months and haven't found one.