Just Because I can

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DeeDee

Just Because I can

Post by DeeDee »

I bought a static balancer last year for my Burgman. I needed to replace the rear tire on my new to me Buddy 125. I wouldn't pay to have this done, but since everything was sitting right here, I thought why not? Maybe it will make the tire last a bit longer.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-20 6.05.51 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-10-20 6.05.51 PM.png (110.15 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
charlie55

Re: Just Because I can

Post by charlie55 »

I've been using one of these for my Helix for years. Some are of the opinion that balancing is not really necessary for small scoot tires. I figure that, after the sometimes painful ordeal of removing and mounting a tire, taking a few extra minutes to do at least a rudimentary balancing isn't much of a burden.

It's certainly a lot less painful than truing up a wire spoke wheel, which I found to be akin to tuning a piano while riding a roller coaster.
Mike1nw

Post by Mike1nw »

Yes. 🙂
I have a Harbor Freight balancer, and use it for my Burgman tires.
But the axle is too big for Buddy's tires, IIRC you need 12mm axle? What did you use?
After the misery of changing wife's Buddy tires, a few extra minutes to balance would be a piece of cake!
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

That's my rear wheel in the photo. It fits no problem I was thinking I would clamp the front axle into my vice dead level, and use it for the front tire when the time comes.
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3