50 Float Height

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Icecreamman

50 Float Height

Post by Icecreamman »

What IS the float height on a stock 50 carb?
sc00ter

Re: 50 Float Height

Post by sc00ter »

I think I still have the service manual in my garage. If I do I'll post it in the morning.
Icecreamman

Post by Icecreamman »

Thx! The manual I have doesn’t list it.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Service manual is MIA in the garage but I know who has it. You have the manual that covers both the 50 and 125 cc I bet. The float height might be entered in by hand in my manual, I need to look. I know I adjusted it and I got the height setting from somewhere. A friend caught float with the bowl removing it, twisting everything outta shape/spec. Manuals purged from my garage within the year:
Honda Silverwing scooter.
Honda Helix.
Honda NTV650 Hawk.
Hyosung Sense 2-stroke.
SYM CityCom 300. Custom made from thumb drive file.
Yamaha Zuma 2-stroke.
Yamaha Zuma 125cc.
Suzuki Burgman 200.
Can-Am Spyder RT.
Genuine Buddy 50/125.
Honda Ruckus 50.
Only service manuals I have now is my Liberty 150 on thumb drive and my Subaru Baja that's dirty from fingerprints. Tried to track down a electrical gremlin myself.
Icecreamman

Post by Icecreamman »

Had a no sheet Sherlock moment & set it plumb w/ the carb, doesn’t seem I erred.
tenders

Post by tenders »

That’s about right. But also see this post if you have further issues. We hadn’t used searchable language in it so it probably didn’t come up in your initial quest.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32093
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Don't have that manual. Person I gave it to lost it. How do you loose a service manual? Anyways, thank-you tenders!

The service manual I got last night was for a 125/150 Buddy. I now recall I had printed off a thumb drive custom manual from the dealer, but I gave that manual to the owner of Pinky the 50cc Buddy and its (the service manual) is now MIA.