My old Buddy 125 is up for sale!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sc00ter

My old Buddy 125 is up for sale!

Post by sc00ter »

If I buy it back this will be the 4th time I've owned it. I purchased it new in 2009 and absolutely loved it. But I bought a Piaggio Liberty 150 for a replacement, needed space for 2 adults and wanted larger tires for my commute. I got first call for $500 for the Buddy'. Runs great, 40,000 miles, tad bit tatty but nothing serious. No crash damage and everything is straight. Clean/clear title as well. Comes with an extra Buddy 150 motor, extra front end and a bunch of small service parts. I slipped outta work and rode it around. Forgot how good the NCY exhaust sounds. I'm so tempted......
sc00ter

Re: My old Buddy 125 is up for sale!

Post by sc00ter »

Currently trying to help sell it. My inner don't-need-another-scooter radar is alerting me to pass. But then again I never ride a passenger anymore. Plus I know it's history. Why are scooters like potato chips and you can't have just one?
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

If I was closer I would buy the 150 engine.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

The seller of my old Buddy shipped a Honda Silverwing scooter I gave him thru Uship. Was $300 from Virginia Beach, VA to Mid-area Florida. Just putting that out there. I can put you in touch!
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Seller recently found a new/mint 150 Buddy exhaust and is tossing in a Harbor Freight tire changer still in the box. I also noticed the forks with the wheel still has the horn, ignition and key (with code tag) and the 150 motor has the fuel tank with it. I'm not really interested but darn, that's a great deal! I found 2 people who considered it but neither has a motorcycle M class (required in VA above 50cc) and seem to cheap to buy a new battery.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

My old Buddy 125 went to a new owner! I've yet to talk to the seller but I assume he tossed the extra 150 motor, forks, wheels and everything else related to it. He was complaining because a battery was $80 but he installed a new one before selling it. Wonder if the new owner will join the forum?
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I saw my old Buddy today! It lives somewhere near me now. I didn't get a chance to talk to him (new owner) but it was cool seeing it back on the road. Gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling! Now if the Buddy wants to tangle with my Liberty I'll give the Buddy a good spanking, or a good race. I know the Buddy has some engine work, transmission tuning and Psycho gearing. My Liberty is 90% stock.