Tire Puncture preventative

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Scooteoverdaddy

Tire Puncture preventative

Post by Scooteoverdaddy »

Hey Mods,

I was watching a video from the UK and the host was demoing Auto seal by Bike seal tire puncture preventative. Any idea if we can get something similar here in the states?
Dooglas

Re: Tire Puncture preventative

Post by Dooglas »

In my experience, the various kinds of tire seal you spray inside scooter or motorcycle tries make a gosh awful mess for when you change the tire. Given that tubeless tires has just about eliminated the blowout risk for scooters, I find that taking a tire plug kit with me has pretty much solved my need to deal with the risk of tire punctures.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)
Scooteoverdaddy

Yeah the stuff he was using was water based a lot cleaner, unlike the green stuff and pretty effective according to the UK mods.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I've used Slime and Ride-on in the past. Ended up with flats in both the tires despite. Some say Ride-on balances the wheel as well. I don't know about that, but it didn't do squat against the screw my rear tire picked up.
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
Scooteoverdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb6HB6sBTC0

He's the Royal Alloy Guy on youtube. He posts a lot of useful info. Cool old mod!