Installing a Universal windscreen on my KICK

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ipso_no_facto

Installing a Universal windscreen on my KICK

Post by Ipso_no_facto »

Alright, long story as short as I can. I have a spanking new 2021 Buddy KICK. I need a window taller than the one that is made for the KICK. I live in a gated community, they use transponder stickers to open the automatic gates. The transmitter is aimed at the height of the upper right corner of a car windshield. So...I asked Scooterworks USA and they pointed me to this universal: https://www.scooterworks.com/Prima-Wind ... 12248.aspx

I think theres a video somewhere, but when I investigated here, the tech white papers that MB has are great but they're directions for the Cuppini not this Universal. By the very name I gotta assume it works on the universal side mirrors and the pic in the catalog shows it using the mirror stalks...BUT does anyone have any suggestions on doing this or has put on a universal? Its Prima so I'm sure it's fine and I have confidence in my mechanical aptitude, but always take free advice. Thanks guys.
wheelbender6

Re: Installing a Universal windscreen on my KICK

Post by wheelbender6 »

Looks like it attaches just like the Cuppini on my Buddy 125. I think you will be happy with the Universal one. Just remember the the right side mirror tightens the opposite direction than normal.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
tenders

Post by tenders »

I'm pretty sure this is the same windshield that came stock on my '09 Buddy 50, but has a "Genuine" sticker on it. The mounting system is very simple, just look at the pictures. When assembling, keep all the fasteners finger-tight until you're sure you have everything in place where you want it, including the mirror stalks. You'll find there's quite a bit of flexibility/adjustment in all the parts. THEN tighten everything down.

I've marked the reverse-threaded bolt on the right side of my Buddy with a dab of brightly-colored nail polish to remind myself about the reverse threads. Sometimes, that reminder works.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

When my Cuppini windshield arrived, I found that the installation instructions were in Italian.
Fortunately, there were plenty of helpful illustrations.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI