Buddy Kick Purchase Question

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Xrated

Buddy Kick Purchase Question

Post by Xrated »

Hello,

Im new to scooters and figured I could ask here. My wife had a Honda Metro a few years back, but we had to sell it. She wants a new scooter and have narrowed it to a Buddy Kick since she is on the short side. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2019 with only 43 miles on it. The young lady that owns it bought a car shortly after the scooter and never road it. It basically looks brand new. They are asking $2100 and I would like to know if that was a fair/good price for a new/used scooter considering retail is 3200.

Thank you for your feedback
Guff

Re: Buddy Kick Purchase Question

Post by Guff »

It seems like a fair price barring no mechanical issue. The buddy kick is a solid machine
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Those don't come up for sale very often. Only used one I can find in all of Colorado is $2,800 with 300 miles on it. Have you considered a Buddy 125 with the low seat? That $3,199 retail price is before the dealer adds all their crap on to the price. $2,100 looks like a good deal. Better jump on it before it gets much warmer.
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
Xrated

Post by Xrated »

Yeah my local dealer has theirs priced at $3800 OTD and I figured with only 43 miles on it for $2100 is a steal. You are right about grabbing it before it gets much warmer. Im picking it up Saturday and when I get it home Im going to change the oil just for peace of mind and continue the break in period.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Sounds good to me. We really like our Kick.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)
fried okra

Post by fried okra »

Yes, it's hard to say what oil is in them when they are shipped to the dealer. Anyone know?

Anyway, my dealer changed the oil automatically before delivery just to be on the safe side.

I would not use synthetic oil until after breakin to help get a better seat on the rings......IMHO.

fried okra
Xrated

Post by Xrated »

Well I was able to pick up the scooter yesterday and its basically brand new. I found out why the miles were so low. The wife initially thought her state didnt require a motorcycle endorsement, but it did so she was afraid to go do the riding test so the scooter sat. I plan to change the oil right away and make sure the break in is done. Other than that my wife gets to enjoy her new scooter!!!
Attachments
B1.jpg
B2.jpg
B3.jpg
B4.jpg
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Congratulations! That's a great looking scooter. Check your tire pressure right off the bat. They can be 12 lbs low, and still look good.
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I really like that blue! Cool scoot and congrats on the purchase!
Xrated

Post by Xrated »

DeeDee wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:26 pm Congratulations! That's a great looking scooter. Check your tire pressure right off the bat. They can be 12 lbs low, and still look good.

Will do...Thanks for the heads up
Ipso_no_facto

Post by Ipso_no_facto »

So Funny. I too just bought a GSC 2020 Turquoise Buddy Kick yesterday. I KNOW you got a great deal. Our dealer in Prescott had the $3199.00 posted. I think he knocked off $99 for me. Walking out the door we left a check for $4,018. So, yeah, you got a damn good deal. I spent 6 months looking for a Used Kick in the Phoenix area, never found one, let alone one for a good price.
Xrated

Post by Xrated »

Yeah I really "lucked out".....The girl and her husband said the morning we met she received 3 offers to buy right then. Whats crazy is it say on Facebook Marketplace for over 15 weeks (I think) and she said no one would come look at it.