New Member 2021 Buddy 50 Little International

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Buddie50LI

New Member 2021 Buddy 50 Little International

Post by Buddie50LI »

We just picked up our first scooter last week. This seems to be an appropriate forum to join, albeit a little quiet.

Looking forward to conversing and learning more about our new passion!
BayStateScooterist

Re: New Member 2021 Buddy 50 Little International

Post by BayStateScooterist »

Congratulations on your new scooter. Yeah it is a bit slow now due to the season. As warmer weather reaches throughout the country, more will ride and share their thoughts. :wink:
tenders

Post by tenders »

Where are you, and which color “international” did you get?
Buddie50LI

Post by Buddie50LI »

tenders wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:01 am Where are you, and which color “international” did you get?
I'm in Northern IL. It looks just like your avatar (Italia), except with a color matched top case.
tenders

Post by tenders »

Spiffy! Mine looks like my avatar, with the additions of:
* a black GIVI top case with a small flag mounted to it for a little extra visibility
* the Genuine windshield/windscreen
* a RAM-style wireless charging phone mount attached to the left mirror stalk base
* "Space Force" pins mounted to rubber plugs put in place of the holes in the front where a PO had mounted a cheap black basket
* the front "deadlights" replaced with white LEDs and wired into the ignition switch
* headlight bulb replaced with an LED, a significant improvement
* thumbscrews replacing the screws holding the helmet carrier in place under the seat, so no tools are required to get at the carb
* a stick-on LCD clock/thermometer on the right side of the handlebar surround
BayStateScooterist

tenders wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:09 pm Spiffy! Mine looks like my avatar, with the additions of:
* a black GIVI top case with a small flag mounted to it for a little extra visibility
* a RAM-style wireless charging phone mount attached to the left mirror stalk base
* "Space Force" pins mounted to rubber plugs put in place of the holes in the front where a PO had mounted a cheap black basket
* the front "deadlights" replaced with white LEDs and wired into the ignition switch
* thumbscrews replacing the screws holding the helmet carrier in place under the seat, so no tools are required to get at the carb
Where did you find the thumbscrews. Like the idea not having to use tools every time I need to remove the pet cage. Thanks.
tenders

Post by tenders »

M6 thumb screws, $6 delivered, baybeeee!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQBQ4IM

These are standard items on sailboat hatches, which is from where I got the idea.
BayStateScooterist

tenders wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:41 pm M6 thumb screws, $6 delivered, baybeeee!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQBQ4IM

These are standard items on sailboat hatches, which is from where I got the idea.
Ordered! :wink:
merc550

Post by merc550 »

BayStateScooterist wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:31 am
tenders wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:09 pm Spiffy! Mine looks like my avatar, with the additions of:
Where did you find the thumbscrews. Like the idea not having to use tools every time I need to remove the pet cage. Thanks.
What LED's did you order? Me and my wife just bought 2 Buddy 50's and i'm looking to replace the Headlights, Deadlights(just received wiring harness's) and rear tail lights for more visibility. Thank you!
BayStateScooterist

merc550 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:42 am
BayStateScooterist wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:31 am
What LED's did you order? Me and my wife just bought 2 Buddy 50's and i'm looking to replace the Headlights, Deadlights(just received wiring harness's) and rear tail lights for more visibility. Thank you!
I ordered these LEDs for my wife and mine scooters on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BR ... UTF8&psc=1
tenders

Post by tenders »

For LED headlights I recommend tracking down an H4 bulb that uses braided cooling (not a fan, which makes the bulbs too long to fit easily into the endlosure), and is rated for AC voltage. A rating for DC voltage alone will burn the bulb out in seconds.

The bulb I use for my scoot and for several friends is no longer sold on Amazon. Here it is on AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32958893401.html

(Showing “not available”:)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KTXL7FW/