My Roughhouse runs like shit, here is a picture of the head gasket and piston, do these look damaged enough to not idle?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

shibethegreat

My Roughhouse runs like shit, here is a picture of the head gasket and piston, do these look damaged enough to not idle?

Post by shibethegreat »

My roughhouse died when I was going further and when I started it afterwards it ran like garbage and wont even idle and emits smoke. I removed the head gasket and here is a picture, it has a crack in it. Would that crack be enough to cause all the trouble ive been having. Or is that chip in the piston you see at the top enough to cause all the problems?
I put a stage one kit with exhaust and lighter rollers on it 200 miles ago and since then have been driving 75% of the time with it 100% throttle and then it just completely died.
Thank you, this is my only form of transport so i need to get it running soon.
Attachments
IMG_20210303_220032039_HDR-min (1).jpg
IMG_20210303_221524553-min (1).jpg
mjrally

Re: My Roughhouse runs like shit, here is a picture of the head gasket and piston, do these look damaged enough to not i

Post by mjrally »

If compression is low enough idle will really be affected. Bolt things together and see what psi you can get it up to.

What does the head/ valves look like? Valve seats good? Any of the valves/ damaged/ bent?