Windshield for a KICK 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ipso_no_facto

Windshield for a KICK 125

Post by Ipso_no_facto »

I want to use the Cuppini Windscreen (Short) on my Buddy KICK 125cc
cuppini wind.jpg
cuppini wind.jpg (17.55 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
The one made for Genuine(Cuppini) only says Buddy 50/125 and does not mention the Kick per se. Supposedly as I have the same rounded headlight both mentioned somewhere and depicted in the picture, i should be able to do it. But as Im going to install myself, I dont want to waste a hundred bucks and untold time. So, does anyone know if the hardware and windshield (3 retail listings below) will work on the Kick. Below are a few links to Scooterworks Usa, Amazon and Genuine themselves who I've tried to ask, but refer me to my dealer and because I want to do it myself, Im just going to ask here. I dont want to use the screen that is listed for the Kick made by Prima as it is too short for my needs. I need windshield tall enough to allow my gate opener transponder sticker to be seen by the transmitter up on a pole. Does any of this make sense? Basically NEED TALLER WINDSHIELD FOR MY BUDDY KICK. ANY SUGGESTIONS IN AN OUT OF THE BOX WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Maybe I should've just asked like that in the first place. LOL,
Thanks guys,
Mark.

www.scooterworks.com/Cuppini-Windscreen ... 12245.aspx
www.amazon.com/Scooter-Windscreen-Short ... B003JO862S
www.genuinescooters.com/buddyshortwindscreen.html
DeeDee

Re: Windshield for a KICK 125

Post by DeeDee »

Check out the slipstreamer scooter windshields. I've used them on a number of bikes over the years. They have 4 or 5 different sizes. Be sure to use loc-tite on the threads.
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

It looks like it will fit a Kick. Call up Scooterworks ask. (their phone support is quite helpful)
Is the Prima one really that shorter?

I had one - helpful, but it really threw the air right into my face (I'm 6'0).

Remember that one bolt LH thread.
Ipso_no_facto

Post by Ipso_no_facto »

This forum doesn't remind me when someone responds to your posts. Or at least mine doesn't. But, as it happens, before I even saw your reply, I hit up Scooterworks and spoke to a parts manager and he got me a Universal windshield that has worked perfectly. Luckily I came into the dealership right as my Buddy Kick (as it turned out, the one I bought) was being brought out of the crate it came from Genuine in and they were just then putting on the side mirrors for the first time and the mech told me about the reverse lefty-loosey required for them and Loctite etc. Made the windscreen install easier that's for sure. Thanks for your suggestion, its right where I went. Now I'm on to the next purchase for this scoot, a topcase etc, which I'm going to ask about in a post here.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Ipso_no_facto wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:31 am I came into the dealership right as my Buddy Kick (as it turned out, the one I bought) was being brought out of the crate it came from Genuine in and they were just then putting on the side mirrors for the first time and the mech told me about the reverse lefty-loosey required for them and Loctite etc.
For anyone else reading this, only one of the mirror mounts has a LH thread, the other mirror has a conventional RH thread.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)
ljm463mo

Post by ljm463mo »

I bought that one and it fit my buddy kick
Ipso_no_facto

Post by Ipso_no_facto »

wished Id known this earlier. I wound up getting universal kit by Prima which has worked out for my primary purpose and that was to be able to mount a transponder sticker to open the gate in my neighborhood, but the one I got leaves a lot to be desired with a 5 inch gap above the instrument cluster rise that blows almost more wind at me then w/out it to begin with. C'est la vie say the old folks, you dont say.
toneofclay

Post by toneofclay »

ljm463mo wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:53 am I bought that one and it fit my buddy kick
Hi ljm463mo, just to clarify, do you mean that you were able to install the Cuppini "short" WSBUD3 on your Buddy Kick? The same as the photo at the beginning? Like the OP, I'm wanting to make sure it fits the Kick. I have that on my "regular" Buddy 125 and like it. I just purchased a Buddy Kick, so am considering options for a windscreen on that. If that's the one you installed, could you post a photo so we can get a good idea how it looks on the Kick?
Thanks!