My Buddy, My Buddy *singing*

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

qryb

My Buddy, My Buddy *singing*

Post by qryb »

Does anyone else find themselves singing ridiculous songs with the word "Buddy" in them because scooting puts them in such a good mood?

For instance, I can't stop singing that stupid commercial jingle from the 80s "My Buddy, my Buddy... my Buddy and meeeee!" <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuinqB9z3JI">Here's the YouTube clip of it.</a>

And I also find myself singing "Scoot! Scoot! Scoot! ... Scoot! Scoot! Scoot!... Scoot your Buddy! Scoot your Buddy!" to the tune of <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvHvTw3OuR8">"Shake Your Booty" by KC and the Sunshine Band</a>.

Someone, ANYONE, please tell me I'm not alone in this!

Or am I just a total freak? :)

-Jenn
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

Can't say that I do...

but I often find myself singing while riding, then at the stop lights when I realize that everyone can hear me I shut up a bit. Usually end up singing Magnetic Fields' Luckiest guy if anyone knows that song.
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
qryb

Post by qryb »

enzomatic wrote:but I often find myself singing while riding.
OMG! I love this idea! That's the ONE thing I miss about my car -- music! And I don't think it's a safe idea (or even legal?) to ride with my iPod on, so I'm going to have to start making my own music!
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i wouldn't recommend listening to music or your ipods while riding because the wind is going to pass through and/or around your helmet and you'll tend to turn your music up a bit and when you actually stop at a light, you'll realize how LOUD your music is,,,which can be damaging to your ear drums in the long run
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

I hear the chips song in my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAidnO64NE4
and so will you...
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Shall we start a poll to see how many people have songs stuck in their head after reading this post??

Count me as 1. :)

I sang but got a bug in my mouth... not sure if it was a critique from above...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
qryb

Post by qryb »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Shall we start a poll to see how many people have songs stuck in their head after reading this post?? Count me as 1. :)
MWA-HAHAHAHAH! You shall all suffer with me! >:-D *evil laugh*
GrittyTacoman

Re: My Buddy, My Buddy *singing*

Post by GrittyTacoman »

qryb wrote:Does anyone else find themselves singing ridiculous songs with the word "Buddy" in them because scooting puts them in such a good mood?

For instance, I can't stop singing that stupid commercial jingle from the 80s "My Buddy, my Buddy... my Buddy and meeeee!" <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuinqB9z3JI">Here's the YouTube clip of it.</a>

And I also find myself singing "Scoot! Scoot! Scoot! ... Scoot! Scoot! Scoot!... Scoot your Buddy! Scoot your Buddy!" to the tune of <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvHvTw3OuR8">"Shake Your Booty" by KC and the Sunshine Band</a>.

Someone, ANYONE, please tell me I'm not alone in this!

Or am I just a total freak? :)

-Jenn
Yes, I must admit the "My Buddy" theme song from the 80's toy has invaded my mind a time or two. Even worse is the "Kid Sister" companion toy, which I believe had the same tune. You are not alone.
qryb

Post by qryb »

GrittyTacoman wrote:Even worse is the "Kid Sister" companion toy, which I believe had the same tune. You are not alone.

I always wanted a Kid Sister, but never got one... SO SAD!!!

Anyway, glad to hear I'm not the only one. :)

Perhaps WE are not alone (in the immortal words of the X-Files).
bunny

Post by bunny »

I wear my iPod whilst riding. I keep it at a nominal level of volume. I sing out loud whenever possible (quite regularly) and am never embarassed to get caught. Who me? A bright yellow jacketed rider with a daisy emblazoned helmet on a festively daisy emblazoned scooter, embarassed? pishposh.

I find it brings joy to my fellow cagers and spreading joy and happiness is my purpose in life. At least, they seem quite mirthful when I catch them looking at me bouncing and sniging at the top of my lungs at the stoplights...it is mirth and joy, right?
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

qryb

Post by qryb »

bunny wrote:I wear my iPod whilst riding. I keep it at a nominal level of volume. I sing out loud whenever possible (quite regularly) and am never embarassed to get caught. Who me? A bright yellow jacketed rider with a daisy emblazoned helmet on a festively daisy emblazoned scooter, embarassed? pishposh.

I find it brings joy to my fellow cagers and spreading joy and happiness is my purpose in life. At least, they seem quite mirthful when I catch them looking at me bouncing and sniging at the top of my lungs at the stoplights...it is mirth and joy, right?
I love it!!!

You don't worry about your iPod interfering with your ability to be a very alert rider? I worry about that... :( Then again, I'm also a n00b!
bunny

Post by bunny »

qryb wrote:
bunny wrote:I wear my iPod whilst riding. I keep it at a nominal level of volume. I sing out loud whenever possible (quite regularly) and am never embarassed to get caught. Who me? A bright yellow jacketed rider with a daisy emblazoned helmet on a festively daisy emblazoned scooter, embarassed? pishposh.

I love it!!!

You don't worry about your iPod interfering with your ability to be a very alert rider? I worry about that... :( Then again, I'm also a n00b!
There are threads that discuss the pros and cons of music while riding. I am one who feels more alert with a rhythm. Since I am looking in every direction anyway, the metronomic music tends to make my riding that much more encompassing. AND, if they see me, hear me and laugh at/with me, then they recognize I am there. I ride as if invisible, but I also make my presence known, KWIM? I boldly own the space I am in to deter others from taking my space before I am ready to give it up.

mshaw09

Post by mshaw09 »

Unfortunately life doesn't have it's own background music. So when I ride my scooter I have to bring along my own. To me there is no difference in safety between music or no music. I am still alert and ride safely.

Might not work for everyone.

For some reason I played "Danger Zone" (not sure if that is the actual name of the song but you get the idea) from Top Gun and it made riding in heavy traffic more fun and it actually seemed to make me more alert.
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

this was my cruizin song today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6IIirYAnSc
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
Rob

Post by Rob »

All of the songs I like never seem to stick in my head. It's only the songs I don't like or find particularly annoying. Including the most annoying song of all time .. that stupid jingle they play at Disney for the "It's a Small World" attraction. It took me days to get that terrible song out of my head. Then there was the Pirate ride with the "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me" thing ... not nearly as annoying, but it stuck in my head for a few days too.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
laxer

Post by laxer »

Haha, I remember that "My Buddy" song! How does a freakin' commercial stay with me for so long!? Anyway, I always find myself whistling when I ride, then I catch people looking at me and I bet they think that I'm making kissy faces at them, which would not make my wife happy, so I stop whistling.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

There is already at least one other thread about this... too lazy to find it and provide the link. But since you mentioned KC and the Sunshine Band, Boogie Shoes is me & my Bud's song!
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

qryb wrote: ........ Or am I just a total freak? :)

-Jenn
Sorry but ........ yes you are :wink:

One song that gets stuck in my head latly thou is "Thats not my name" by the Ting Tings ...... 1st couple times I heard it I thought it was kind of annoying .... but it is catchy and now I like it.
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

HAHAHA. I just wanted to say that I skipped the entire thread here and I will *not* have any annoying jingles stuck in my head when I'm riding.

Nope, no "my Buddy" or "Danger Zone" or anything of the like.

The only sound I listen to whilst riding is the whistle of the wind hitting the hollows of my head. Yeah... I know how that sounds, but say it 10 times fast.

HAHAHA now *that* is gonna be stuck in your head! I'm so not right....

"the whistle of the wind hitting the hollows of my head."

"My Buddy....."

Take that iPod! Enjoy your next ride!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
fretman

Post by fretman »

Theme to "Courtship of Eddie's Father"... Anyone?
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

It's nowhere near as bad as when I pedaled everywhere. Having a cadence rhythm dredged up the most obscure stuff that I shouldn't even be able to remember...and it would hit 10 miles out with 30 miles to go! The worst one on my bicycle was the theme music for the wicked witch of the west. Either that, or "there's a hole in the bucket (dear liza)" from my childhood.

On my scooter, it's mostly at lights, especially when my turn signal is on. I end up swaying the scooter back and forth like a metronome, bobbing my head counter-rhythm to the clicking. Once in a while I'll get Peter Pan's taunt from "Hook": tick, tock, tick, tock, Hook's afraid of an old dead croc!
:lol:

I carry my iPod with me, but don't listen to it while I ride. It's my safeguard against getting truly annoying tunes stuck when I've got quite a while left before I get where I'm going. I'm just waiting for the day either the hamster dance song or "that annoying frog" surfaces in the middle of nowhere out on back roads where I can't pull over and dig out my iPod to lodge another tune in my head.
qryb

Post by qryb »

bunny wrote:I boldly own the space I am in to deter others from taking my space before I am ready to give it up.
I really, really, really like this concept... I'm going to try to embrace it!
bunny

Post by bunny »

Cheshire wrote:I'm just waiting for the day either the hamster dance song.
Du da dee da dee dee do do dee da dee dee do...and yeah...my mouth can't make those other sounds...

Thanks. Way to make my morning suck.

:D

Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

For me the song stuck in my head for the day is the last song I hear on my iPod in the morning at the gym. So for me the "song of the day" is:
Hate My Life by Theory Of A Deadman

We play a game at work where you sing\hum a song, normally an annoying song, and try to get it stuck in someone else’s head.

…I’m too sexy for this song…..
qryb

Post by qryb »

ROFL. Y'all crack me up. :)
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

bunny wrote:
Du da dee da dee dee do do dee da dee dee do...and yeah...my mouth can't make those other sounds...

:rofl:

NOOOOOO!!! Now it's in MY HEAD!!! :hit:
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

KRUSTYburger wrote:
bunny wrote:

:rofl:

NOOOOOO!!! Now it's in MY HEAD!!! :hit:

:twisted:
dr zaius

Post by dr zaius »

My gosh, how on earth can you be happy scooting in Houston? I'm from there, and when I go back for a visit, I can barely stand being in a car.
qryb

Post by qryb »

dr zaius wrote:My gosh, how on earth can you be happy scooting in Houston? I'm from there, and when I go back for a visit, I can barely stand being in a car.
It is occasionally frightening and the potholes are malicious.... but scooting is fun anywhere. :)

I'd must rather be scooting down the Pacific Coast Highway or through the clean mountain air in Colorado, but... this is where I live, work, and play!
mshaw09

Post by mshaw09 »

Dan Buddy wrote:
We play a game at work where you sing\hum a song, normally an annoying song, and try to get it stuck in someone else’s head.
I do something similar. As I walk around work I will quietly sing something from the 80's or something annoying and then wait about 15 to 20 minutes and walk back through to see how many people started singing it without ever realizing what happened. I noticed that "Don't Stop Believin" gets them every time. It's a fun way to kill some time at work.
pocphil
Dealer

Post by pocphil »

The ONLY song to sing in your head while riding your Buddy is "Golly Golly Go Buddy" By Bow Wow Wow.

The Burundi beat is 100% infectious.
Phil Waters
ClevelandMoto
Pride Of Cleveland Scooters
18636 Detroit Rd.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
216-227-1964
www.clevelandmoto.com
bunny

Post by bunny »

mshaw09 wrote:As I walk around work I will quietly sing something from the 80's or something annoying and then wait about 15 to 20 minutes and walk back through to see how many people started singing it without ever realizing what happened. I noticed that "Don't Stop Believin" gets them every time. It's a fun way to kill some time at work.
I am SOOOOO going to do this at work. GENIUS!

newslinky

Post by newslinky »

haha that is a great Buddy scootering song!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
Tenchi

Post by Tenchi »

As a 53 year old guy, I would think the song from "Gilligan's Island" would apply since he was "Little Buddy". Of course there was the little conflict as to which one, "Mary Ann, or Ginger." At my age, Ms. Howell was looking good.
Animaetrix00

Post by Animaetrix00 »

I get the "My Buddy" jingle stuck in my head every single time I get on.