Just a small warning

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

shahdhch

Just a small warning

Post by shahdhch »

Just a small warning to anyone thats going to order a back luggage rack for your buddy. Apparently the manufacturer changed it and it is very hard to put on. I just went to the dealer today to get mine put on. It took him 3 seperate luggage racks and finally he had to pry the thing further apart just to get it to go on there. He said it's not the first time thats happened since they changed the luggage rack style. It doesn't look bad on there just took a lot of time and pounding to line the screw holes up.
I once shot a man just to watch him die. Then I got distracted and missed it.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

thanks for lookin out...
this has come up before

viewtopic.php?t=4749&highlight=trouble+rear+rack

maybe it should get added to the review area... so people know what is up?
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

This sorta happened with my Blur rear rack. It fit, but it was welded off-center a bit, so its not quite symmetrical.

My fix: Ordered a Givi E30 Tour top case with universal mounting plate. Ill mount the plate centered with the scooter, and no one will be any wiser![/quote]
docutech

Post by docutech »

Happened to me as well. The kind folks at Vespa St. Louis helped me put it on right there on the spot. It took a bit of persuading but we managed to manhandle that mother on there. I hope I don't have to ever take it off...
beagldog

Post by beagldog »

I bought a used rack from a Buddy 125 that was wrecked and the rack was fine but it did take some persuading to get it on. I also noticed that the rack was a little bit beefier than the one being sold now. The bar that attaches to the center screw is flat not round.
shahdhch

Post by shahdhch »

docutech wrote:Happened to me as well. The kind folks at Vespa St. Louis helped me put it on right there on the spot. It took a bit of persuading but we managed to manhandle that mother on there. I hope I don't have to ever take it off...
I know what you mean. I was thinking about buying a cowl protector but I'll have to take the rear rack off to put it on and I am not sure I want to do that now.
I once shot a man just to watch him die. Then I got distracted and missed it.
RonF

Post by RonF »

I'd like to put a cowl protector on too, but I had to file the rear center bolt hole on the back rack and bend it to get mine on. The metal on the rear rack is a real pain to bend too. :evil:

I guess I'll wait a while before I get up the nerve to take the rack off again.
skullmechanic

Post by skullmechanic »

My dealer installed the rack and cowl protector as part of the purchase -- I didn't have to worry about how hard it was. Won't yours do this for you?
"We're here, because we're not all there."
Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

I am on my second unit. The latch broke on the first one within 5 days. Had my 2nd one for about three months and it's no longer back on top, its gray! I cannot believe how fast and bad it has faded in just three months and one of the latches broke last week. Trying to get the manufacture to replace it but they don't seem to receptive of the idea.