Serious question here. MAXIMUM weight 100 kg? HELP

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scooternoobie24

Serious question here. MAXIMUM weight 100 kg? HELP

Post by scooternoobie24 »

Serious question here. I saw on a scooter(kick, non electric) in the store with a label that says 100 kg maximum weight. I am between 103-110 kg. Is it safe to drive? will it just be slower for me?
The diameter of the wheel is 125 mm.
Help me guys. It is pretty urgent.
Pic related is the brand if I remember, globber nl 125 something like that.
Attachments
See brand related and help me please
See brand related and help me please
800 71VFKmVZc7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (56.04 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

It's a kick scooter, it goes as fast as you kick it.

Will it break into two pieces at 110 kg? Probably not, but if it does, oh well.

Will the bearings wear out sooner at your weight? Insignificantly faster, I'd say.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I have a giant soft spot in my heart for push scooters. I think it's a shame that longboards took over the push market because a longboard will throw you down on the pavement if you hit a tiny stone, stick, cigarette butt... anything; whereas a larger-wheel push scoot will roll right over them. Also, some push scooters have brakes. I ride a Xootr, the basic model with the wooden board which has front and rear brakes.

To answer the OP's question, I can tell you from experience with the Xootr that the tires will wear more quickly if you exceed the weight limit. If you are at or slightly above the weight limit, I recommend buying something for which you can buy replacement wheels.

SPAM PATROL - I am giving this poster the benefit of the doubt because I understand the logic of posting here looking for an opinion from "scooter" nuts because I am a scooter nut who still rides a push scooter. If the OP had posted a link to a website selling these scooters, I would have given him the heave-ho in a heartbeat, but I'm making a judgement call here and hoping I haven't made a bad call. Thank You for your diligence in keeping this site spam free!
Syd

Post by Syd »

Good on you, jrsjr. I was a little surprised to see a post about kick scooters, but they are called scooters.

If someone posts about mobility scooters, ban 'em. :D
The majority is always sane - Nessus