Angry little Roughy!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RiderK

Angry little Roughy!

Post by RiderK »

Well for those that may remember me briefly posting about a new build on my Roughy last fall...well shes almost broken in and pretty close to being dialed in. As per usual I didn't finish her up during the winter as I should have but the past week or so I've finished fabbing and bolting her together. This is a copy and paste of what I attempted to make as my signature that I typed out twice before realizing the site wouldn't allow that many characters.

2014 Roughhouse 50, Stage6 Sport Pro Mk2 70 (.085 squish), Yasuni C16.07 (City) because I like power and centerstands, Athena HPC full circle crank, 19mm Malossi Dellorto PHBG 102 main 42 pilot and W16 needle, stock air box snorkel removed w/two 1/2" holes on bottom and two tubes in the holes, Voca .35 carbon fiber reeds, Polini Hi-Speed variator w/4.20 gram Dr. Pulley sliders, Stage6 Torque Control clutch w/red (hard) springs, NCY torque driver, Polini tach/temp/voltage gauge part# 171.1001, premix only (oil pump disabled), LEDs all the way around. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Shes a naughty girl that will not accept anything below 8k RPMs. Trying to get the Stage6 clutch broke in so it'll actually grab from a standstill. May end up reinstalling my Polini For Race 3G clutch because she always launched hard with my last fairly mild build. We'll see though because it may be that nothing wants to grab from a standstill at 7500-8k. I'm still tinkering with needles and jets but I'll take that further once I feel confident that the cylinder is fairly well broke in. Powerband is peaky and fairly high for street use but it is doable and usable at about 8-12k+. I really need to test this quite a bit more before I state what it is and or isn't. So far I love it and I'm hoping that this Athena full circle crank cures the woes of the high revving builds I see on here. My stock rod had zero oil ports on the small end for feeding the needle bearing. The Athena has a nice pair of oil passage holes on the small end as any and every two cycle should. I might also be breaking up a bit up high but I'm not sure. I gapped the plug tighter and seemed to help a bit so I may get the Malossi CDI and higher energy coil. Anyway this is where I'm at with this so far so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and if anybody wants to offer advice then I'm all ears. Thanks all
2014 Roughhouse, S6 Sp Pro Mk2, C16 city, Athena full circle, 19 PHBG, Voca cf reeds, S6 TC clutch red spr, Polini vario, NCY tq drvr, premix, Polini tach temp voltage gauge, LEDs all around
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Sig Character Limit

Post by jrsjr »

I wondered if I could grant you a special exemption on the Sig Character limit so I poked around and discovered that the 255 character limit is hard-coded into the board software. Sorry about that, but the good news is you have 255 characters to play with if you wish. FYI, your current rev of your sig is 190 characters so you have 65 more characters to play with.

Interesting build, BTW, maybe post a Youtube video so we can see and hear that bad boy in action.
RiderK

Re: Sig Character Limit

Post by RiderK »

jrsjr wrote:I wondered if I could grant you a special exemption on the Sig Character limit so I poked around and discovered that the 255 character limit is hard-coded into the board software. Sorry about that, but the good news is you have 255 characters to play with if you wish. FYI, your current rev of your sig is 190 characters so you have 65 more characters to play with.

Interesting build, BTW, maybe post a Youtube video so we can see and hear that bad boy in action.
Well I appreciate the thought man but I don't deserve things others don't have. That's not a bad idea. I'll post a video on YouTube the next time I get it out. Granted shes not "fully" broke in, still pig rich, and the new clutch is still slipping on takeoff. So the video wont be completely indicative of a finished tune. It's almost dialed in though. Variator is now on the power band when I let off and get back in to her. Took some hours of gradually lightening the rollers bit by bit until it kept me in the sweet spot at all ranges. Still fighting the clutch as I stated. The cylinder and pipe combo want Rs and kept getting better and better as I stepped up clutch springs and finally adjusting more and more preload on the springs. This peaky narrow power band is totally unforgiving for the tuner. After I get the clutch where I want it I'll focus on getting the carb more finely tuned. Anyway, I'll make a quick video and post it on YouTube tomorrow or the next day.
2014 Roughhouse, S6 Sp Pro Mk2, C16 city, Athena full circle, 19 PHBG, Voca cf reeds, S6 TC clutch red spr, Polini vario, NCY tq drvr, premix, Polini tach temp voltage gauge, LEDs all around