New seat

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JJScoot

New seat

Post by JJScoot »

I just got a new buddy- the seat seems pretty hard- any suggestions for helping my ride not be such a pain in the butt? Lol thanks.
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

1) What kind of Buddy?

B) They make a bunch of gel seats, like the Airhawk.

*) Ridding a scoot is more about the fun than the comfort. You'll soon get used to/accept the pain.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

The regular Buddy seat softens up after a couple thousand miles. If you have the low profile seat it will probably always be hard.

HanShan wrote:*) Ridding a scoot is more about the fun than the comfort. You'll soon get used to/accept the pain.
I am quite comfortable riding my scooter.
JJScoot

Post by JJScoot »

thanks- i sat on a few used ones and did not notice them being this hard- I was hoping it wasnt a design change and it will get softer with age. thanks!
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

scootERIK wrote:
HanShan wrote:*) Ridding a scoot is more about the fun than the comfort. You'll soon get used to/accept the pain.
I am quite comfortable riding my scooter.
Why so serious? :P
MYSCTR

Re: New seat

Post by MYSCTR »

JJScoot wrote:I just got a new buddy- the seat seems pretty hard- any suggestions?
Pick up a solo seat, slightly lower, set back just a bit and plush right out of the box.
JettaKnight

Re: New seat

Post by JettaKnight »

JJScoot wrote:I just got a new buddy- the seat seems pretty hard- any suggestions for helping my ride not be such a pain in the butt? Lol thanks.
Is it normal height? Maybe it was cut down, i.e. less foam.
coolrays

Post by coolrays »

I've also thought about a different seat. The seat on my Eclipse is a low profile seat, and it's not so much about pain as it is constantly sliding forward!