Kawasaki's making a Grom

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

New2Scoots

Kawasaki's making a Grom

Post by New2Scoots »

Actually a Z125Pro Sport. Looks like a green Grom. I don't need a 4th bike but maybe in a few years. https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2017-Z125-PRO
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X

dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

My coworker just traded in his Ducati for a Grom and I'm obsessed with it.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

If Kawasaki's getting in on the action, that suggests that they believe the market is still present for this sort of bike. Very sharp looking! If I ever get rich, I'd get one and a Grom the stable with the K-Pipe. :D
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
FromHereToThere

Post by FromHereToThere »

az_slynch wrote:If Kawasaki's getting in on the action, that suggests that they believe the market is still present for this sort of bike. Very sharp looking! If I ever get rich, I'd get one and a Grom the stable with the K-Pipe. :D
I like the looks, but like you, wouldn't get one unless I had a stable of bikes. It would be a bit down the list. I would opt for a larger "Grom" first.
Attachments
KTM_Duke_390_2013-1.jpg
KTM_Duke_390_2013-1.jpg (42.42 KiB) Viewed 931 times
PGO makes great scooters. That is all.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Not bad looking. If I got another 125cc machine, I would likely get the Kymco K-Pipe with the 17" wheels. Az_slynch already started a thread about the K-Pipe.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

I am SERIOUSLY digging this trend of manufacturers sending their small bikes to the States. These are, imvho, ideal urban commuter bikes.

Edit: well, ideal within the motorcycle space. Obvs no motorcycle can match a scooter for cargo capacity and convenience of carrying that cargo.
FromHereToThere

Post by FromHereToThere »

ravenlore wrote:I am SERIOUSLY digging this trend of manufacturers sending their small bikes to the States. These are, imvho, ideal urban commuter bikes.

Edit: well, ideal within the motorcycle space. Obvs no motorcycle can match a scooter for cargo capacity and convenience of carrying that cargo.

These offerings are catching lots of shit from d**k wavers but that is to be expected. I am also pleased.

I love that Yama 400 single. The price point is a bit high though. The g400 is something I will look into. Build quality will not be as good as Yama, but I like to tinker a bit.
PGO makes great scooters. That is all.