Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electrical/mechanical parts I can replace on the cheap?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
ArgonV

Stella 4T w/sidecar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Electrical/mechanical parts I can replace on the cheap? Reply with quote

All, just curious if there are higher quality electrical/mechanical parts made for the Stella 4t I can buy an replace on the cheap that will give my Scooter a longer life and better performance? Not that anything is wrong with my Scooter now, it's actually been quite reliable this past year. Just I want to put together a list of upgrades one can do before I go into the more performance realm of a new pipe, cylinder kit and performance carb.

Thanks!
avescoots1134

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want it reliable then keep it stock!
ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the "higher quality" and "cheaper" conflict that will be an issue!

The better replacements for most parts would be the Vespa parts that fit/work, or the import performance parts. There's a lot of cheap stuff on eBay and such from dubious sources in India and elsewhere and the quality's not going to be better than LML.

Some cheap(wish) things if you're planing on future performance upgrades might be front brakes (new/better pads for $40 or so) and the rims (I bend the OEM ones too easily!). Otherwise, it's important to start with a scoot that runs well and has been properly maintained before doing performance stuff.

Electrical-wise, well, I've had to replace the switches on both bars. I don't think there's much point in preventative replacements, though.

ArgonV

Stella 4T w/sidecar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, what bolt-in higher quality replacements would you recommend then if price isn't a worry for a 4t?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: