Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security for 2016 Hooligan 170i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
v.meraz

2016 Genuine Hooligan 170i

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Security for 2016 Hooligan 170i Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

First time scooter owner! Woo-hoo! I've been wanting one for years and finally took the plunge. Basically my question is, what's the best or highly recommended security for my scooter? I'm not worried about where I park it at home, but only if and when I take it to work in downtown, where there's homeless people. I work inside a retail store with only three businesses total in our building, but there's always traffic coming and going, since we have a Starbucks.

Anyways, back to the point. What are your suggestions? I've read about the Xena alarm, what's your opinion on it? If it's good, how do I know which one to order, based on proper size, etc?

Thank you all,

~Veronica
thumper650

07 Kymco Agility/ 14 RH 50 /14 KLR 650

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the homeless people, if someone steals it they'll have means like bolt cutters and probably a van/truck to remove your scooter. I'd get a lock and chain, and theft insurance. Here in MA my Buddy 170i was fully insured for $130, which I thought was pretty cheap. Choose a highly visible spot, and near a less secured more expensive scooter if possible.
I don't know about an Xena, I've heard they're good, another Hooli owner will have to chime on what fits.
laurfunkle

2012 Buddy 125, 2013 KYMCO Like 200i

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the scoot world! The Hooligan is an excellent choice, congrats. Smile

Kryptonite chain locks are awesome. For the most fool-proof security I would go with either the Series 4 1016 chain or the New York chain, and lock through your rear wheel (hardest thing to take off of the scoot) to a pole of some sort. Secondary method of protection would be a Xena alarm. The XZZ6L disc lock alarm fits on the Hooli's disk brake (only one I've tried so don't know about any other models). I chain whenever possible and use the Xena when there's no option for chaining.

And like thumper650 said, THEFT INSURANCE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: