Just Joined and Just Got My New Buddy International

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

HoosierBuddy

Just Joined and Just Got My New Buddy International

Post by HoosierBuddy »

Hey Everyone!

I just bought my new Buddy International today! I'm super excited! I'll post pics as soon as I wash the blue protective stuff off of the white wall tires. :D Just wanted to say a quick "Hey!"
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Welcome aboard.

I love your handle! :rofl:
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your new scoot.
RollerDerp

Post by RollerDerp »

Noo skoot! Quite a rush! =)
Are you new to scooting or have you ridden before?
2012 Buddy 125
2001 Ducati Monster 620 dark
HoosierBuddy

Post by HoosierBuddy »

RollerDerp wrote:Noo skoot! Quite a rush! =)
Are you new to scooting or have you ridden before?
I've had scooters for the past 3 years, but they were always pretty cheap Chinese scoots. They were good to mess with and what have you. But, I finally pulled the trigger and got Sophia (named after Sophia Loren). 8)

And, thank y'all for the other welcomes!!

Btw - to k1dude - it made me giggle as I was typing it in, too. :lol:
HoosierBuddy

The promised pic of my new Buddy Italia 50

Post by HoosierBuddy »

ImageHoosier Buddy's New Buddy Italia 50 by Keith Dannenfelser

ImageHoosier Buddy's New Buddy Italia 50 by Keith Dannenfelser

Isn't she gorgeous? *swoons* I got the seat cover. Now, I'm just waiting on my cowl protector, tail rack and windscreen. 8)
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Welcome to MB and congrats on the new scooter!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
BuddyBliss

Post by BuddyBliss »

Looks gorgeous! Very nice photos too! :)
Suzy
Cheeky Seats
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

Welcome. A NEW scooter. That's cool. I got a used one that I knew nothing about and even now I never feel quite sure about how mechanically sound it is. So, it's going to be very nice for you to have the 2 yr. warranty and just feel that things are good. Hope you have a blast on it.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

ucandoit wrote:Welcome. A NEW scooter. That's cool. I got a used one that I knew nothing about and even now I never feel quite sure about how mechanically sound it is. So, it's going to be very nice for you to have the 2 yr. warranty and just feel that things are good. Hope you have a blast on it.
You have a Buddy 125, as long as you change the oil and use it on a regular basis I wouldn't worry about it breaking down. I did well over 300 miles in one day on my Buddy 125 when it had 37,000 miles. Mine only needed to be hauled home one time in 44,611.7 miles.
HoosierBuddy

Post by HoosierBuddy »

BuddyBliss wrote:Looks gorgeous! Very nice photos too! :)
Thanks, Suzy from Cheeky Seats! The seat cover looks absolutely fantastic! I couldn't be more pleased. When you guys sent the confirmation email, you mentioned it would be delivered on a particular day and it was right on time. I was also really impressed with the hand written note. BTW - when I watched the installation videos, it mentioned that I might have to tug and pull to get it over the seat. I started from the back and rolled over the front of it and installed it just like the video instructed, and it went right on. I cinched it up, put a knot in the cord, and it's great. I love my Cheeky Seat on the Buddy's sassy chassis. :D

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes! :D

I'll post more pics of the scooter when I get the chrome cowl protector. That was on special order, so I've already received the luggage rack and installed it. I've also installed the windscreen and it was much easier than I was thinking it was going to be. My pickiness kicked in and the only frustrating part was making sure it was all even and all straight. But, now that I got everything the way I want it, it's fantastic. :D
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." ~ Margaret Mead