Cargo net on buddy 50?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jackie103

Cargo net on buddy 50?

Post by Jackie103 »

Has anyone used a cargo net on a buddy 50? I need to hold an extra helmet but it doesn't seem possible to stretch the hooks so far if I wanted to put the net on the passenger seat. Also doesn't seem practical placing the net on the floor board...
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

You might be able to hang the extra helmet from the helmet pegs under the seat, and then push it to the side.

Or, under the seat/in a rear trunk?

I don't see why a cargo net that can stretch that far won't work, though.
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

It sounds like maybe you have a teeny cargo net? I have placed things at least as big as a full face helmet on the passenger portion of the seat, on the optional rear-rack, and on the floor board (to be fair, floor board stuff was large charcoal/dog food bags - I just used regular straight bungees).

Assuming your pet carrier has other stuff in it, Yalzin's suggestion is probably your next best option. I never rode with a helmet hanging from the hooks, but I did full week's grocery trips with two bags hanging from each side, and the bags would stay nicely to the side of the scooter body, out of the way of your legs. I learned the hard way that that's not true for all scooters.

If it's going to be a permanent sort of thing, though, I'd look for a topcase. Easier to use, more security, more functional.

*If you haven't already, you may want to research your local laws. Some places do not allow two-up riding on a 50cc.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I havent used a cargo net on my buddy. I did order one of these strap-on tail bags from Amazon for under $35. It strapped on pretty easy and it holds take-out dinner boxes pretty well.
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessori ... e+tail+bag
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Jackie103

Post by Jackie103 »

thanks guys!